Dont Let me Do IT!! - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Superbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 4:23 am   #1 (permalink)

Dont Let me Do IT!!

OK here is what is happening to me, i went from 2 motorcycles to none real qucik (within a week). I have the money finally from both insurance claims. and what to do with all this money...i have no idea. i have been on a motorcycle hunt for 2 months. every time i keep comming back to the 2012 848 corse. i put a deposit on one just incase whenever its gonna to be shipped i might have a chance to buy one. my quote was 17$ out the door. i might be about to do some last minute discounts.

HERE is my problem. the more i read on about ducati the more i am becomming unsure. Im not made of money, but i got enough laying around. im a full time student who needs a bike for dialy travel. i do like to be flashly at times, and the ducati looks nice. My previous bike was a gsxr 750 and was very good to me.

Just convince me on why NOT to go with my 848 corse purchase so i can save like $$7k and ill go buy a used gsxr or sumthing. I dont want to be pulled by the allure of those damn sexy 848's... someone stop me before its too late.. the bike will be here this week!! ahh!!!
DLopes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 6:29 am   #2 (permalink)

No interest in the used market? There are 848's for under 10 all over. Heck I've seen a few 1098's.
KneeDrag08 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 6:57 am   #3 (permalink)

Ouch. $17k for an 848 is steep even if it is 'special'. Forget the Corse and just get a plain EVO or even the Dark. Use the extra money for Ohlins and other stuff.

Better yet, as Kneedrag said, check out the used bikes. You can find a good condition 848 for a lot less than $17K and save the money for other things.
'07 Kawaski ZX-6

The cheerful pimp
tweek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 7:02 am   #4 (permalink)
Banned

yeah 17k is huge for an 848. I paid just under that for a brand new 1198 when I bought mine. The main reason to buy a Ducati in general is because it's NOT a suzuki
avaipan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 7:06 am   #5 (permalink)

ha ... if you want to be convince to NOT buy a Ducati, you are on the wrong forum dude
If you like it, take it! And like the others say, take a look to the used market. I have take a fairly used 1198S with the same price.
Just buy what you like and enjoy
crisan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 7:50 am   #6 (permalink)
SP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLopes View Post
OK here is what is happening to me, i went from 2 motorcycles to none real qucik (within a week). I have the money finally from both insurance claims. and what to do with all this money...i have no idea. i have been on a motorcycle hunt for 2 months. every time i keep comming back to the 2012 848 corse. i put a deposit on one just incase whenever its gonna to be shipped i might have a chance to buy one. my quote was 17$ out the door. i might be about to do some last minute discounts.

HERE is my problem. the more i read on about ducati the more i am becomming unsure. Im not made of money, but i got enough laying around. im a full time student who needs a bike for dialy travel. i do like to be flashly at times, and the ducati looks nice. My previous bike was a gsxr 750 and was very good to me.

Just convince me on why NOT to go with my 848 corse purchase so i can save like $$7k and ill go buy a used gsxr or sumthing. I dont want to be pulled by the allure of those damn sexy 848's... someone stop me before its too late.. the bike will be here this week!! ahh!!!

Insurance?

appearing to appear to know what I know.
SP3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 7:54 am   #7 (permalink)

if your complaining about money and you don't own one yet , you should get a susuki
Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 8:01 am   #8 (permalink)

Don't buy any Ducati model with a plastic gas tank. Commute to school and be flashy, get a GSXR with bling or a Repsol (nice bike, colorful, lower maintenance) and a bit more tolerate of being a daily driver.
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 8:47 am   #9 (permalink)

This is not a good forum to get a consensus, as you can see you are going to get answers that are all over the place. To me it is pretty simple... I bought a Ducati because of several factors, not the least of which is that it is NOT a Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda. If your intention is to use this as a commuter, then you are already looking at the right model, however like most here have recommended, I think you need to look at the used market.

On this portal there is a classifieds section which has few peers... I found my R there and bought it from a member of this forum. You will find Duc's in pristine condition, low miles and most importantly, loved and taken care of. Check it out...
'02 748R, #0954
ProphetPVD is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 8:55 am   #10 (permalink)

I couldn't justify that cost for an 848-Corse or not.

If you can slap down 17 on a new bike, there are hundreds of other bikes out there that you could look at that would suit you better than a race-bike.

You want flashy? You're buying the name. You could get a $9000 used 848 and toss $8000 into it and SPANK that CORSE bike...

If I'm commuting, I'm going light, cheap, easy, low insurance, not afraid to leave it unattended, not afraid to ride in the rain, etc.

You're a student. Halve the money and get a good bike while storing the other half for a rainy day.
To me a motorcycle is a magical thing, much more than a collection of frame, motor, and wheels. It can be a friend.
Cycles:
1969 Suzuki T500 Titan MKII
1999 Ducati 748 Biposto-MUTATED
2001 Ducati 996-SOLD (Ugh... that was tough )
2009 Kawasaki KLR650
2009 CBR600RR
Nacademus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.