Hypersport with Evo engine (748/916/996/998 with 1098(R) 1198 engine) - Page 41 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Motorcycle Forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Superbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 4:07 am   #401 (permalink)

I just tell them, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?! SPEAK AMERICAN!!! LIMEY TOSSER!!!

LOL!

BTW, do you know why Scotsmen wear kilts?

Sheep can hear zippers!!

Um, yeah and I'm quarter Sc-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-tch...
desmo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 1:10 pm   #402 (permalink)

Wooo fookin' hooo...!!!

Finally got the the idle and closed voltage down.

Could not get it to idle under 3k or the volts under 450mv. Only way was to ram the linkage back with yer thumb! Everything backed off, linkage, cables, stop screws.

Had to take emery cloth and good ole British (Limey) spit to the front TB neck to get the blade to sit properly and low enough. Prob why it was sticking!

Scary thing was it wasn’t even the one I flipped…!!!

Where's that 'onda catalogue...?
nelson848 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 3:37 pm   #403 (permalink)

Could someone kindly post a pic of their 1098 neutral switch?

Mine will only make the circuit if the copper washer is removed and that aint right

Thanks chaps
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 5:12 pm   #404 (permalink)

Hey Tom Tom, I'm on my way to putting a 1098 into my 999,any one know if any of the 848 throttle bodies are the same as a 1098 or are they smaller.Have a motor(in bits at the moment) but the price was rite. As i need to find some new pistons, is it worth while locating some Hi comp ones or just stay standard. I'm sure i'm going to have many more questions. Also you said you could map the ignition timing in my 999 ecu, is it possible to also disable the imobliser so i can use another dash off another bike. Thanks in advance.
cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 3:55 am   #405 (permalink)
Senior Narcissista

Sweet! Thatll be interesting.
No I dont know if the TBs will fit or not.

I think its hard to buy standard 1098 pistons, they like to sell piston, rings and cylinders together, but easy enough to check.

Yes, I can mod it to use aftermarket dash and keyless.
TomTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 6:15 pm   #406 (permalink)

My bike is finally done! I had her revving just right ~1100 rpm but as soon as I went WOT and came back to idle it was revving at 3000 rpm. I pulled over but I couldn't see anything wrong. Overall she is awesome. She pulls strong (so much power compared to my 996 engine). I love it! I don't like the sound of the OEM exhaust, need to core it out but before I can do that I need to take my bike in and get it inspected, smogged, and registered. I go back to work tomorrow (overseas) so shes parked in my garage until May 11th when I can fix the revving issue and rider her again.

In May I plan on coring the exhaust and getting it coated. As for my frame, I need to get it touched up again. It got a little 'beat up' during the engine swapped. The suspension and brakes are getting upgraded too, next up are going to be full ohlins front and back and mono blocks upfront. Need to start checking out Ebay and my other sources for that. I can't wait to take my bike out on the track... I'm also looking at getting 998 style fairings to replace mine. Found a few good sources but I'm still debating if I should but or not. If I decided not too my fairings are going to get painted (well the whole bike). Still not sure if I want to go a deep Ducati red or the more orange like racing Ducati/Ferrari red. We shall see....

erniebu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 9:16 pm   #407 (permalink)
Senior Narcissista

SIC you did it!
Get back when dutys off and well sort it.

YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/hypertrick
Work: www.italiabikecenter.com
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 2:32 am   #408 (permalink)

I'm already counting my days down (and I haven't even left LOL). I think my cable is getting snatched up... but to be sure I'll be taking the voltage measurements when I get back. The only crappy thing is that when I come back it will probably be too hot to ride during the day. Only night riding.. and even then, its still hot...

The best part of my 'new' bike.. it looks like a 996 yet has the balls of a 1098
erniebu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 7:47 am   #409 (permalink)

Well done mate...I'm not too far behind you...

Back on the pesky neutral light...Watch for the switch/plunger...Mine had plunged it's last plunge!
Attached Thumbnails
Hypersport with Evo engine (748/916/996/998 with 1098(R) 1198 engine)-dsc00559.jpg  
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 4:58 pm   #410 (permalink)
Senior Narcissista

After fiddling around with stuff for too long I brought the bike to Mugello.
Just got home but have to tell you, what a place, this is an A class track, still high on it

The 916 chassie is the thing to have! Finally got the setup working really well, it goes where your mind wants it to.
It turns better than any bike I approached these days including all the new bikes and BMW 1000RR full acra was the only bike I couldnt pass on the straight lol.

On board films rendering...

Film one, drying up and had to take a sighting lap, so its a bit slow first 8 minutes:

YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/hypertrick
Work: www.italiabikecenter.com

Last edited by TomTom; Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:44 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.