Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

hell bent for Bayliss - 999 F06 on ebay!

5K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  vtwin 
#1 ·
#2 ·
999 ugly?

anyone saying the 999's were 'not classic ducati' ?

this was the last real classic until the 2012 came along :)

a thing of beauty is a joy forever!

#5 · (Edited)
Lovely bike. How much power do you think it puts down?
Ducati is always stating that with their bikes you really DO get something very close to what they are racing when you buy off the showroom floor.
The owner talks about this being BETTER than the RS...but I wonder by how much.

Without the mirrors, the 999 is so very sexy.

Edit: Google shows max 194HP

#9 ·
This 999F06

...is now my the image on my PC desktop, all of the hi res pictures downloaded for posterity and safe keeping.

But, finally, they have been given to a renowned tattoo artist who will soon be inking it on my 7 year old sons' back in full 256 bit colour.

It's_just_that_nice.

#12 ·
Yeah it is Artistimo, it really is.....what an incredible design....if you want to see it in action buy the 2005 BSB Championship review by Duke video. Both Lavilla and Haslam are riding Airwaves Ducati 999s. It's the most exciting racing I've ever seen. The BSB boys just never let up..it's unbelievable...no wonder that this series packs the stands everywhere in the UK. The AMA Superbike series pales in comparison to the BSB series, it really is the best racing in the world.

#14 ·
Tis an amazing bike... pretty much the only REAL roadracing bike that I would pretty much sell everything I owned just to ride.

Sadly, they're hard to find and just too much money to ride (due to potential crashing)

Honestly, I don't know what happened to them all. Seems like 748RS's are a dime a dozen, so are 996RS's, but the 999F0X seem to be very much missing from the common man's resale.

#15 ·
I appreciate your interest, guys. Thanks a lot!

Tye, the reason why you still find 748RS and 996RS bikes on the market but few if any 999 factory bikes is simple.

At least the 996RS was made in large numbers and I'm guessing quite a few 748RS were made as well but there just aren't that many 999 factory machines around simply because Ducati Corse only made a handful of them all in all.

#16 ·
Tye, the reason why you still find 748RS and 996RS bikes on the market but few if any 999 factory bikes is simple.

At least the 996RS was made in large numbers and I'm guessing quite a few 748RS were made as well but there just aren't that many 999 factory machines around simply because Ducati Corse only made a handful of them all in all.
For sure, especially in the US where the 748RS was very popular in the AMA before the rules changed.

There were a lot of 999RS bikes around from multiple years and I've only seen 2 for sale myself over the course of the last few years, both in the UK.

I guess the 996RS and 748RS ran for more years as well and there were more series running them, so more bikes produced.

Still, I want one! Let me borrow it for a few months, I promise not to crash it too bad! Though I will blow up the motor for sure, 14k RPM running twin, woooo that thing will see redline the entire time! ROFL!!!

#17 ·
I think they only made few bikes per year(F00 bikes I mean) since all the bikes that are around have been used first by Bayliss, then Xaus, then some private person etc. Don't know if BSB Airwawes team for example ever received a bike that was straight from the factory and never been used before. AMA bikes might be different. Then I'm sure you all remember that british guy, who had a huge collection of real WSBK machines in his garage, well that pretty much leaves the after market for these bikes drained, if one person hoovers 75% of the bikes around :D

And even if Molasses is now selling his bike publicly, it's hard to get hold of these without the right connections. Like the F05 or F06 999 in Finland, it was bought by a guy who has some sort of connections, but not good enough to get one straight from factory after they sell them. He got it from someone who was even closer to the factory in the pecking order. Probably the british garage guy has the best connections and the biggest wallet, since it's hard to imagine anyone having a bigger collection of true racebikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.