Scrambler Desert Sled - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmitcong View Post
It looks very lean, how can it weigh 456 lbs? Can cut 15 with an exhaust and delete, but it will need a spark arrestor.
Steel, swingarm, suspension: the 3 S's. The subframe and tank are likely steel - if they were aluminum, they'd probably be 5 lbs lighter between them. Maybe more. And the frame is described as "reinforced." It doesn't look any different from the base Scrambler in the promo shots, so I'd wager that the reinforcement is either cross-struts going underneath the tank or using tubing that is just less hollow. Maybe both. Regardless, that's probably 5 more pounds. Then you've got an obviously beefier swingarm and rear shock dogbone, plus longer-travel suspension. Probably 2-3 pounds per fork and 2-3 on the shock as well. Then you've got thises and thats - wider (and reinforced) bars, bash plates, probably tire tubes, stronger bolts... I can see how you can tack on 20 pounds over the base Scrambler, easy. It still weighs much less than a Triumph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preeminence View Post
And the frame is described as "reinforced." It doesn't look any different from the base Scrambler in the promo shots, so I'd wager that the reinforcement is either cross-struts going underneath the tank or using tubing that is just less hollow. Maybe both.
I think they also reinforced the portion where the swingarm mounts directly to the engine case.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2016, 7:52 pm
Bee

i may have to trade my UE

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Garage
Deposit down on the Desert Sled. This bike looks like a total blast.

'03 VFR 800 (sold); '10 R1 (RIP); '12 Monster Evo 1100 (sold); '03 R6 (sold); '13 BMW R 1200 RT-P; 2010 KTM 530 EXC (w/570 big bore); '15 Ducati Multi S
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2017, 1:23 am

Garage
Desert Sled too heavy

Having ridden my dirt bikes hundreds of miles in the Mohave I cannot see this bike a t 460 lbs being any fun.

The triumph tiger has tons more power, longer range and only weighs about 5 pounds more.

Nice for about town though.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2017, 5:31 pm

It's a great looking bike and good to see that Ducati decided to offer it.

www.Shift-Tech-Carbon.com

Shift-Tech-Carbon Performance- High Quality Carbon Products!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Garage
Saw the bike at Marin Speed Shop (San Rafael, CA). Super nice and the wheels are purty. I sat on it, wow, tall like my multistrada. Then, checked out the Cafe Racer, it's ok, not bad. I prefer Holographic Hammer's Scrambler's Cafe Racer.

Mad-Ducati Lover!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode