First ride with Rapidbike - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 3 Post By accelerating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 3:08 pm Thread Starter

First ride with Rapidbike

I ordered an evo exclusive and K&N filter after reading Blackie's rapidbike post. Was my first time doing anything like this. Everything went fine thanks to the helpful threads and bike manual. Replacing the dirty and bent air filter with the sleek and pleasantly oily K&N felt very satisfying.

The change is amazing. The bike isn't surging anymore in urban or touring mode. Sport mode is way better than before but not as refined yet? Many fewer deceleration pops (I have the Arrow Works + de-cat installed). Shifting feels smoother. Power feels linear. Bike sounds better. And fuel consumption jumped; I used two bars to go 25 km in sport mode.

Used the opportunity to also install all three Evotech guards and the performance LED indicators, and cleaned the bike with a clay bar then polish and wax - another first with surprising results. Bike looks great and the bugs wiped off with just a paper towel and water when I got back.

Thanks to everyone-
fastrob691, Maxmach and jahjah like this.

'16 Multistrada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Awesome, mine gets installed next week, will report back.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

Monster S4RS
Pikes Peak Multi
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Any part number or picks? We share the same pipe setup, I tried the Rexxer flash with no luck, very long story for another day.
Bike runs great except for lots of popping and a few littl bobbles in the curve depending on altitude. Any info would be most helpful.

[/SIGPIC]
Michael
Greater Sacramento CA area

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2017, 12:42 am

You bet, I'll take some detailed pics.
Mine still pops a bit, I like a little popping myself but you can adjust the fueling just about any way you like though to fix that.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS

Monster S4RS
Pikes Peak Multi
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2017, 10:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmach View Post
You bet, I'll take some detailed pics.
Mine still pops a bit, I like a little popping myself but you can adjust the fueling just about any way you like though to fix that.

2016 blinged out PP
2007 Monster S4RS
How do you do that? I haven't experimented much w/ the s/w but I'd like to eliminate the popping on mine.

2007 GT1000 - 2015 1299S - 2006 999 (sold)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
How do you do that? I haven't experimented much w/ the s/w but I'd like to eliminate the popping on mine.

You can plug it in to a laptop with the proper software and adjust at will. I take mine to my local RapidBike expert to have it done as it's not Apple compatible and that's all I have!

Monster S4RS
Pikes Peak Multi
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2017, 1:11 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Micahel View Post
Any part number or picks? We share the same pipe setup, I tried the Rexxer flash with no luck, very long story for another day.
Greetings, SM. I went with the evo exclusive version (KRBEVO-122-EX), which costs less because it can not be reprogramed for another bike make / model and can not be adjusted by me, though I'm pretty sure a technician can update parameters. The harness is the same as the other versions and the exclusive is supposed to work with all of the add-ons (eg, quickshifter). Here's where I ordered it.

'16 Multistrada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode