Bridgestone Battalax T30 Evo for 2016 Multistrada DVT - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2017, 12:37 am Thread Starter

Garage
Red face Bridgestone Battalax T30 Evo for 2016 Multistrada DVT

Hey guys!

Preparing myself for the second tire change on my 2016 DVT. First change was stock Scorpion Trail II. May end up replacing with the same. But ran into this Battalax T30 Evo. Sounds good on the reviews page.

Anyone has experience on them? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

T30 EVO a closer look - Bridgestone United Kingdom

There is one review HERE but seems dated.

TIA!

2012 KTM Duke; 2014 Harley Iron 883; 2015 Harley Fatboy; 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2017, 2:06 am

The T30 is a good tire Shubz, but there are better tires out there, the Angel GTs are very good, the Tire getting the best write ups and feed back are the new Metzeler M01s, i had a set of T30s on, and no complaints, good dry grip, very good in the wet, i got from memory 8,000Ks from them, and i average between 6500-7000Ks from the Angels.

multistrada 1200.. 2010... Black with full system...2016 KTM 1290 GT. Remus can and link pipe, SAS and E4 shit removed.....2005 KTM 640...Titanium full system..
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2017, 3:40 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
The T30 is a good tire Shubz, but there are better tires out there, the Angel GTs are very good, the Tire getting the best write ups and feed back are the new Metzeler M01s, i had a set of T30s on, and no complaints, good dry grip, very good in the wet, i got from memory 8,000Ks from them, and i average between 6500-7000Ks from the Angels.
Thank you Dave! Aren't Angel GT's the earlier versions of Trail's (1&2)?

Metz - no doubt about their quality. Roadtec 01 on my radar as well. Price is another factor. :-) Metz am sure would be costing way more than the T30's

2012 KTM Duke; 2014 Harley Iron 883; 2015 Harley Fatboy; 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2017, 5:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Thank you Dave! Aren't Angel GT's the earlier versions of Trail's (1&2)?

Metz - no doubt about their quality. Roadtec 01 on my radar as well. Price is another factor. :-) Metz am sure would be costing way more than the T30's
Same down here, the Bridgestones are very cheep in comparison to Metzler,s and Pirellis, especially the S21, the T30,s have been around for about 5 years now, so not new technology, but still a good tire, personally id go for the Angels if the price between them and the T30,s are close. The Angels have been around for awhile but they have gone through up grades, not sure, but i think they are similar to the Trails but different tread pattern and a longer lasting compound. If you ride your multi hard, and want a more sporty tire the S21 and the M7RR are both great tires, I've fitted M7RRs on my 1290GT, i felt the bike need more grip, it came with Angels, they were good on it, but the bike demands a lot from its tires, and the M7RRs stick like shit to a blanket.

multistrada 1200.. 2010... Black with full system...2016 KTM 1290 GT. Remus can and link pipe, SAS and E4 shit removed.....2005 KTM 640...Titanium full system..
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 12:25 am Thread Starter

Garage
Metz have known to be very good /grippy tires.

Roadtec 01 is what I am gunning for. Wonder if the tire life is similar to the Trail 2's or a lot less.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 1:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Metz have known to be very good /grippy tires.

Roadtec 01 is what I am gunning for. Wonder if the tire life is similar to the Trail 2's or a lot less.
Good choice, Roadtec 01 is the best Touring tire on the market at the moment, and they have some sport riding ability also. I would expect you would get around 8,000Ks, depending on your riding, you could expect at least 2,000 more Ks over the Trail 2s. How are the roads, and road conditions you ride on in India? Shubz

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 3:27 am

Garage
Have you considered the Pilot Road 4? I've got them on my '11 and absolutely love them. I ran Pilot Road on my R6 before as well and they did great for that bike as well. I believe my current set of PR4s are just over 12,000mi/19300km and they're just now coming up on replacement. For my area (Washington, USA) they're brilliant as they handle cold and wet well and still are great in the summers.

2011 MTS1200 S Touring // Ohlins SCU // Stompgrips
SC Project CR-T Full // PCV // Cyclops LED headlights
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 3:43 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Good choice, Roadtec 01 is the best Touring tire on the market at the moment, and they have some sport riding ability also. I would expect you would get around 8,000Ks, depending on your riding, you could expect at least 2,000 more Ks over the Trail 2s. How are the roads, and road conditions you ride on in India? Shubz
The roads we usually take are highways. But not any close to the roads that you guys get to ride on. Our highways are not that safe as compared to your countries (perhaps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanV View Post
Have you considered the Pilot Road 4? I've got them on my '11 and absolutely love them. I ran Pilot Road on my R6 before as well and they did great for that bike as well. I believe my current set of PR4s are just over 12,000mi/19300km and they're just now coming up on replacement. For my area (Washington, USA) they're brilliant as they handle cold and wet well and still are great in the summers.
Weather here is pretty HOT most time of the year except when its raining. Even when it rains, day temperatures are pretty hot/humid.

PR4 is also on the wishlist -- Availability is a big issue here in India -- Officially Ducati sells only Pirelli's and then there are independent dealers who either stock a few sets of other brands (rarely), based on market demand but mostly get it on order. so its very rare that we get to choose. :-) Nobody is brave enough to stock a few brands for different motorcycles here. XD

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 3:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanV View Post
Nathan, i have a PR4 on the back of my Multi, its there by default, i was on a 2000K ride with my wife on the back, and the Angel just ran out of rubber, (7000Ks in total) i had to fit a PR4 as thats the only 190/55 they had, i was happy with it in the rain and wet roads, but once i started to push it hard on fast dry roads solo, it started to move around, I've had it slip, but predictably, it gave good warning, but pushing it hard it was out of its depth in comparrason to the Angels id been used to, I'm not going to put a matching front on, ill stick to an Angel or may be a Roadtec. I think if your doing mostly touring, the PR4 will be fine.
Shubz likes this.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 5:52 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Nathan, i have a PR4 on the back of my Multi, its there by default, i was on a 2000K ride with my wife on the back, and the Angel just ran out of rubber, (7000Ks in total) i had to fit a PR4 as thats the only 190/55 they had, i was happy with it in the rain and wet roads, but once i started to push it hard on fast dry roads solo, it started to move around, I've had it slip, but predictably, it gave good warning, but pushing it hard it was out of its depth in comparrason to the Angels id been used to, I'm not going to put a matching front on, ill stick to an Angel or may be a Roadtec. I think if your doing mostly touring, the PR4 will be fine.
Even More inclined towards Roadtec 01 now. Even my use case is just touring / short rides on a weekend morning. Never off-road! May be wet conditions as its going to get wetter this month on. But I have some time. My tires don't need immediate replacement. But better to have them in stock given the state of tire availability & sales in our country.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode