Bluetooth Earbuds - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By accelerating
  • 1 Post By RACER_X
  • 1 Post By fubar929
  • 1 Post By NorCalStrada
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 6:13 am Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Bluetooth Earbuds

Has anyone had any luck with any bluetooth earbuds ?,
I noticed there is a new one to try https://www.bragi.com/thedashpro/

I have been trying to find one that will fit under a helmet, block out the wind noise and sound good

2017 Ducati Multistrada S Touring (Grey)
2011 Ducati Multistrada S Touring (Red)-sold
snap25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 9:08 am
Junior Member
 
accelerating's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Rennes, Brittany, France
Posts: 20
If you're willing to use a wired set connected to a bluetooth receiver, I recommend sure 215s. I use the mpow receiver, which can simultaneously pair to two devices - for me phone and zumo, which makes it possible to hear directions and control spotify etc playlists on my phone via the zumo.
forsythem likes this.

'16 Multistrada
accelerating is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 9:12 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Richmond, TX, USA
Posts: 101
Garage
Im using plugfones

I found must buds did not reduce wind noise
aschemkes likes this.

2015 Monster 1200S
RACER_X is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 10:16 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
Posts: 276
I've been using Bose QuietComfort 20 noise-cancelling earbuds connected to a cheap Anker bluetooth receiver. Like RACER_X, I've also found that normal earbuds don't reduce wind noise much. The Bose QuietComfort earbuds work very well in this regard, though they do "pop" occasionally. I haven't been able to figure out what causes the popping, though it does seem to occur more often at high speeds in windy conditions.

As far as normal earbuds go, Etymotic MC5 earbuds seemed to be the best at blocking wind noise but they're no better than cheap ear plugs and stick out of my ear enough that they become uncomfortable after a couple of hours. I've tried a few other inexpensive noise-isolating earbuds and they were all terrible as far as helping with wind noise. At this point, I'm pretty convinced that active noise cancellation is the only thing likely to work better than cheap foam earplugs...
aschemkes likes this.
fubar929 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 12:49 pm
Lifetime Premium
 
sfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wilmington, DE, USA
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar929 View Post
I've been using Bose QuietComfort 20 noise-cancelling earbuds connected to a cheap Anker bluetooth receiver. Like RACER_X, I've also found that normal earbuds don't reduce wind noise much. The Bose QuietComfort earbuds work very well in this regard, though they do "pop" occasionally. I haven't been able to figure out what causes the popping, though it does seem to occur more often at high speeds in windy conditions.

As far as normal earbuds go, Etymotic MC5 earbuds seemed to be the best at blocking wind noise but they're no better than cheap ear plugs and stick out of my ear enough that they become uncomfortable after a couple of hours. I've tried a few other inexpensive noise-isolating earbuds and they were all terrible as far as helping with wind noise. At this point, I'm pretty convinced that active noise cancellation is the only thing likely to work better than cheap foam earplugs...
+1 for the Bose noise cancelling earbuds. They work great. The popping is not nearly as annoying or tiring as wind noise even with earplugs.

2015 DVT 1200S IBA#42277
SOLD - F800GS, K1600GTL, S1000RR, R1200GSA, K1300GT
sfoster is online now  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 9:16 pm
Member
 
forsythem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Burpengary, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerating View Post
If you're willing to use a wired set connected to a bluetooth receiver, I recommend sure 215s. I use the mpow receiver, which can simultaneously pair to two devices - for me phone and zumo, which makes it possible to hear directions and control spotify etc playlists on my phone via the zumo.
Another vote for the Shure SE215 earbuds, if you go the wired route. The foam tips, not the silicone ones, isolate wind noise brilliantly - and the shape sits inside the ear and doesn't get caught taking the helmet on and off. I've used heaps of buds over the years, and these are the best fit and noise reduction.

_____________
Black 2010 848 Superbike.
forsythem is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 9:30 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Chicagoland, IL, United States
Posts: 14
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snap25 View Post
Has anyone had any luck with any bluetooth earbuds ?,
I noticed there is a new one to try https://www.bragi.com/thedashpro/

I have been trying to find one that will fit under a helmet, block out the wind noise and sound good
Sorry, not buying anything that is aimed at guys with man-buns.
alliswell is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 10:00 pm
Senior Member
 
ray916mn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orono, MN, USA
Posts: 773
Garage
I use ear buds with a BT receiver. Just broke my 3rd pair of Etymotic ER6i buds, which are unfortunately no longer produced and sell used when you can find them for 2.5 times what they sold for new. Now using custom mold plugs. Have 2 Sony Ericsson BT receivers as their 8 hour battery life is sometimes not quite enough for a day of riding. I installed a Sena 10R setup over the winter and have failed to find speakers that can play loudly enough to provide acceptable sound through foam ear plugs or musician pass through limiting ear plugs. The Sena 10R can be used with regular ear plugs with an adapter cable, but I prefer the ear buds be connected to something in my pocket than to my helmet.

The BT plugs the OP linked to don't look worth it. Battery life is too short (6 hours) and the controls on the outsides of the plugs will likely be activated by helmet pressure while wearing or while putting a helmet on. Both the Sena and Sony Ericsson receivers integrate and prioritize FLAC audio from my cellphone and GPS instruction from my Zumo 660. Unclear that the plugs linked will handle more than a single BT device at a time.
ray916mn is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 10:19 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
Another Bose quiet comfort user, they work so well that I have to use the tachometer to let the clutch out with a full MIVV system and no db killer! Also getting the pop
d duc is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 61
I hear (pun intended) good things about the Sure.

I've been running Westone Pro 10's https://www.amazon.com/Westone-Pro10.../dp/B00EXN4GK0 for a few years now. I selected them because I wanted good (not great) attenuation, they offer -28db. The good old yellow EAR foam plugs are -32bd, so virtually everything is blocked. -28 allows sufficient sound in, while vastly attenuating the wind noise and the music sounds terrific. I've bought new foam pieces for them and had to replace the cord once- probably have >80k miles on them.
forsythem likes this.
NorCalStrada is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any 15-17 Model Year Bluetooth Issues? rambler358 Multistrada 40 Apr 23rd, 2017 3:43 pm
Nexx Intercom X-COM Bluetooth Device moto Motowheels 0 Apr 14th, 2017 4:18 pm
Ducati DVT MTS Bluetooth and Multimedia system (2015 DVT) Jewcati Multistrada 101 Mar 13th, 2017 8:12 am
Bluetooth icon / settings gone. Amit Rana Multistrada 2 Oct 12th, 2016 3:32 pm
Wiring in Bluetooth ODBII Adapter brettski Sport Touring 0 Jul 1st, 2016 3:32 pm

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome