More Improvements and an Awesome Test Ride on My 2016 PP (lots of pics) - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2017, 11:18 pm

Bwhip,
I have read about your piggyback rides a few times and really enjoyed them. I would like to do some of those to NorCal or even Arizona. I am done riding the bike on I-5, solid semi trucks. This would also help extend the riding season. At my place I have an elevated area in front of the house to ease loading into a Dodge dually. Where do you unload and store your truck at on your trips?
I appreciate your reports and enjoyed retracing your footsteps a few times through Idaho and Eastern Oregon.........No, I'm not stalking you.
sixfive likes this.

2016 Monster 1200R
2012 Pikes Peak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2017, 8:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Patrol View Post
Bwhip,
I have read about your piggyback rides a few times and really enjoyed them. I would like to do some of those to NorCal or even Arizona. I am done riding the bike on I-5, solid semi trucks. This would also help extend the riding season. At my place I have an elevated area in front of the house to ease loading into a Dodge dually. Where do you unload and store your truck at on your trips?
I appreciate your reports and enjoyed retracing your footsteps a few times through Idaho and Eastern Oregon.........No, I'm not stalking you.
Haha, thanks. No problem, stalk away. I've got a RAM 1500 with electronic suspension that I can lower a bit to make load/unload a little easier, which helps. I always look for a berm of some sort by a parking lot where I can unload with my ramp. If I'm just doing a day ride I'll park in a shopping center parking lot, or I've sometimes asked permission to park at a hotel or tire store or whatever. No one has ever said no, once they get past the confusion of "you want to do what?" When I've done multi-day trips, and am staying in a hotel the first night at the location where I've driven, I'll let the hotel know that I'm going to be riding for a few days and would like to keep my truck parked there. Again, they've always said yes, sometimes they may just want you to park in a particular spot in the lot.
Rat Patrol likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:09 am
Resident Raggamuffin

@bwhip i'm not surprised that you decided on employing an air/fuel tuning device (de-catted always seem to) and i bet that bike is running just superbly now. jealous! i decided to follow your lead on the Ermax windscreen and ordered one, it should be here in two to three weeks. i'm currently using the GT Touring? Ducati screen and it's really just ok for me, not bad, just not great (i tend to struggle with wind around the base/sides of my helmet).

beautiful pictures as always, thanks for sharing them with us.
bwhip likes this.

2016 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak | 2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, BMWs, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, KTM 1290 SDR, and a Thruxton R

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:11 am

I'm looking forward to hear about your experiences as I'm seriously considering doing the same

2016 Pikes Peak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode