Any 15-17 Model Year Bluetooth Issues? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 10:27 pm Thread Starter

Any 15-17 Model Year Bluetooth Issues?

Got to test ride a 2017 1200S over the weekend. Other than thinking it needed a different seat, the bike was great. Though the dealer told me that Ducati is still working out Bluetooth issues with some headsets, particularly the Sena 20S headset. This happens to be the headset that I currently have. I was wondering if anyone could confirm the Bluetooth issues the bike is currently having? The DMS is one of the reasons I'm interested in this bike, and I was hoping is be able to use the Bluetooth functionality of it with my headset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 11:00 pm

I have my phone mounted on a Navihalter and linked directly to my Sena SMH10. This combo is so easy to use, I only bothered trying to use the Ducati system once. After seeing how slowly the system paired and how crappy the audio quality was, I gave up on it. Also gave up on the Ducati Link app, which is just as awful as the Bluetooth.
aschemkes and faztang like this.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 11:47 pm Thread Starter

Any 15-17 Model Year Bluetooth Issues?

I'd be curious if anyone actually got DMS working with their headset.

And I just checked the iOS App Store, the Ducati Link app hasn't been updated since August last year. Apparently Ducati feels the need to market and hype these features, but not actually have them working.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 2:37 am

I have the 2017 multi. I'm using the Sena 10c and Sony Xperia Z2... It all connected fine, but the audio is low. I've not had any time to pay as I'm currently working overseas.

John
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 11:28 am

Garage
With SENA headsets I think the ducati bluetooth system doesn't add value. (at least it doesn't for me) I connected and got it working... used it for a bit and was annoyed... stopped using it.
Shubz likes this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
With SENA headsets I think the ducati bluetooth system doesn't add value. (at least it doesn't for me) I connected and got it working... used it for a bit and was annoyed... stopped using it.
Came to a similar conclusion with my Scala G9. It was more of a hassle to connect both my headset and my phone to the bike than to just pair them to each other. There must be some supposed advantage, but I don't see it.
aschemkes likes this.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:13 pm

Gents,

I've done a fair amount of testing on the DMS system. I REALLY like the system, but it isn't compatible with EVERY Bluetooth headset on the Market. It works perfectly with the Scala G9 headset and a Chatterbox XBi2, but I havn't been able to get my Sena 10R headset to pair properly, and allow the DMS to change the volume. The Sena takes 5-10 seconds to sync up with the steaming music initially, but the quality of the audio is excellent.

I think this is strange because the Sena 10 headsets are much more advanced than the Scalas (they can pair A2DP, HFP, multiple phones, multipoint, etc) and Chatterboxs. I've worked with Sena's customer service, and they can't figure out why it won't accept the Bluethooth request to increase or decrease the volume no matter how it's paired. Sena says the DMS should just look like a GPS (HFP) to the headset when pairing.

I'm confident that this issue will be resolved, but not sure if it will require a firmware upgrade to the DMS or the Sena headset.

2015 Multistrada S / FULL MIVV exhaust / Rexxer ECU flash

--
When life throws you a curve, lean into it and grab a handful on the way out!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
Came to a similar conclusion with my Scala G9. It was more of a hassle to connect both my headset and my phone to the bike than to just pair them to each other. There must be some supposed advantage, but I don't see it.
The big advantage (in my mind) is that with my phone, GPS, and headset paired to the DMS, I can see who is calling and/or what music track I'm playing on the TFT display, and I can control everything (start/pause music, change tracks, and increase/decrease the volume, answer a call. hang up, recall, etc) with the left hand controls. Depending where I'm riding, like to listen to music and when I come to a stop, I like being able to just hit the pause button so I can talk to someone beside me (rather than fumbling for the volume control on my headset or phone).

Send me a PM if you would like some assistance setting up your Scala
NorCalStrada likes this.

2015 Multistrada S / FULL MIVV exhaust / Rexxer ECU flash

--
When life throws you a curve, lean into it and grab a handful on the way out!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
The big advantage (in my mind) is that with my phone, GPS, and headset paired to the DMS, I can see who is calling and/or what music track I'm playing on the TFT display, and I can control everything (start/pause music, change tracks, and increase/decrease the volume, answer a call. hang up, recall, etc) with the left hand controls. Depending where I'm riding, like to listen to music and when I come to a stop, I like being able to just hit the pause button so I can talk to someone beside me (rather than fumbling for the volume control on my headset or phone).

Send me a PM if you would like some assistance setting up your Scala
OK, I can see that. But since I only have my iPhone handling GPS, music and phone duties, there's not a lot of coordination going on. Talking to Siri gets everything done I need, no button pushing at all.
Fearless likes this.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 1:34 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
OK, I can see that. But since I only have my iPhone handling GPS, music and phone duties, there's not a lot of coordination going on. Talking to Siri gets everything done I need, no button pushing at all.

How do You activate Siri while riding?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Multistrada 1200S DVT 2016 Touring pack, the Netherlands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode