Radiator guard - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
... Crimsafe product? It looks solid, and not many other options come pre-finished
Radiator + Oil cooler guards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strega View Post
Strega the Italian word for witch.
Thanks. A friend, who used Strega as his screen name, had a son that went to CalPoly- and he rode the wheels off just about anything he threw a leg over. Haven't spoken with him in years.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 7:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtclark13 View Post
Anyone know if the fog lights on the GT hinder fitment of the aftermarket guards?
AltRider guards cleared the GT's OEM fog lights just fine, and these guards have a sizable offset, so you should have many options. The installation is very easy as well, you can loosen the fog lights and get them out of the way without having to remove them. I've shot a quick video if you want to see what they look like installed: https://youtu.be/kUN69CnFHnw
Nikolai likes this.

2014 Multistrada Granturismo

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexStrada View Post
AltRider guards cleared the GT's OEM fog lights just fine, and these guards have a sizable offset, so you should have many options. The installation is very easy as well, you can loosen the fog lights and get them out of the way without having to remove them. I've shot a quick video if you want to see what they look like installed: https://youtu.be/kUN69CnFHnw
Great video, thanks for posting! Rad. guard looks much less intrusive to cooling airflow than I'd envisioned. You're not in Austin by chance, are ya? If so, or if you'll be at MotoGP this weekend, shoot me a PM. I'd love to meet up and pick your brain a bit. I just put the SW Motech crash guards on mine and hope to have some Barkbusters on as well before the weekend. Thanks! -Nick
TexMexStrada likes this.

2013 Matte Chrome Multistrada 1200 S Touring
Austin, TX
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexStrada View Post
Thank you sir! Great video, that will certainly help me with the install, you saved me a ton of guess work and headaches. Much appreciated!
TexMexStrada likes this.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
Great video, thanks for posting! Rad. guard looks much less intrusive to cooling airflow than I'd envisioned. You're not in Austin by chance, are ya? If so, or if you'll be at MotoGP this weekend, shoot me a PM. I'd love to meet up and pick your brain a bit. I just put the SW Motech crash guards on mine and hope to have some Barkbusters on as well before the weekend. Thanks! -Nick
You are most welcome, my pleasure! I recommend the AltRider stuff, works great and fits like OEM. No heat issues either, tested off-road, 2-up in 90+ heat going 10-25 mph in first and second gear on Big Bend's Old Maverick Road. Shot another clip post trip if you are interested: https://youtu.be/YnCLF7tnmDU. Overall I recommend the entire AltRider line without reservations.

I'm roughly 5 hrs south from Austin, but was planning to be at MotoGP until an oversees work trip came up (bad timing). I think you can PM in here (not sure how though) if you have any Qs and/or we can set up some time to chat on the phone if you like, I'd be glad to help.
What is your take on the SW Motech guards? Any clearance issues with your legs/knees? I've though about them but didn't pull the trigger, opted to install the SW Drybag 80s on the OEM guards instead. Barkbusters are a great choice, work awesome and saved my handguards/blinkers a few times already. I have a video on those (as well as some other gear) on my YouTube as well, feel free to check them out, hope they are helpful.

Have fun at the GP, I volunteered as a track marshal back in 2015 and had a blast, awesome venue and race.

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Quote:
Thank you sir! Great video, that will certainly help me with the install, you saved me a ton of guess work and headaches. Much appreciated!
Anytime, my pleasure! IMHO these are the best installation instructions on the web:
Just use my modification of not removing the bottom screws and rotate the beak down instead of taking it fully off. Be gentle then you rotate it (don'f forget to unplug sensor) and when you flex the plastic on the way down. It will clear without issue with some gentle bending, but you don't want to be to harsh and scratch, crack, permanently deform something.

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2017, 9:27 pm

Garage
Thanks again, I'll take a look at this vid too. I ordered the Altrider guards (radiator and oilcooler) right after watching your video, they were at the top of my list so that finalized my decision. I have some Barkbusters a buddy gave me from his totaled MTS, so that vid will come in handy too, he told me the throttle lock may cause problems. I ordered a Touratech large kickstand foot yesterday, that seemed like a must have. Now if I can get my new SW Motech foot pegs on I'll be in good shape, getting the spring lined up kicked my ass yesterday so I'm ready for round 2. I know I'll find more to add to it, but it's a good start 2 weeks into ownership. I need someone to pull the trigger on buying my GSA so I'll have the money to justify all the new stuff showing up on my doorstep
TexMexStrada likes this.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Quote:
Thanks again, I'll take a look at this vid too. I ordered the Altrider guards (radiator and oilcooler) right after watching your video, they were at the top of my list so that finalized my decision. I have some Barkbusters a buddy gave me from his totaled MTS, so that vid will come in handy too, he told me the throttle lock may cause problems. I ordered a Touratech large kickstand foot yesterday, that seemed like a must have. Now if I can get my new SW Motech foot pegs on I'll be in good shape, getting the spring lined up kicked my ass yesterday so I'm ready for round 2. I know I'll find more to add to it, but it's a good start 2 weeks into ownership. I need someone to pull the trigger on buying my GSA so I'll have the money to justify all the new stuff showing up on my doorstep
That is a very impressive start for your first two weeks of ownership, hats off! As a tip, assuming that you are looking at having a Barkbusters/Kaoko combo, I had some issues installing it at first but ended up mixing the hardware using the Kaoko hardware inside the bars on the throttle side instead of the Barkbusters hardware (as was suggested by the instructions) and it worked fine, and ever since. I am getting way off thread topic here, but after installing the Grip Puppies I barely use the Kaoko, even though I slab on dead flat roads a lot, as the more relaxed grip with the Puppies doesn't tire my hand out as much as the stock grip. You might want to look into that as well.
Anyways, I am glad that my feedback helped you with your decision on the radiator & oil cooler guards and enjoy your Multistrada! It is an awesome machine, and way more capable than most of the magazine reviews give it credit for.

Oh, one more thing. After some more riding, you will probably start thinking about a different windscreen (the Multi's Achilles Heal). Here is a long, but very informative thread you want to read when you get there, lots of good reviews and owners' feedback on the different aftermarket screens: Windscreens for the Multi (LC)
jtclark13 likes this.

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Garage
Ahhh, the windscreen. It's noisy as hell in the highest position, but just barely too short for me at 6'. I did add an X-Screen to it this weekend but haven't been able to try it out yet, guess I forgot to mention that above. Damn I've dropped some cash on this thing... I plan on going with a shorty screen too for the summer weekend rides. I got spoiled with the quiet calm air my GSA gave me, and it was great this winter, but I was begging for airflow in the summer heat.
TexMexStrada likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode