Radiator guard - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the selections that you have given, a couple of good ones.

As for the install, how did that go?
And the fitment, no problems?

Thanks
Install was easy. It took more time removing some of the bodywork (took the beak off as well since I installed the oil cooler guard too) than it did actually mounting the guards up.

2013 Multistrada 1200 S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Garage
Anyone know if the fog lights on the GT hinder fitment of the aftermarket guards?
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 12:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkyleepickle View Post
I ordered the Evotech Rad guard and header guard, install was pretty easy (fairings did need to be removed). I've never bought a rad guard before, but my last bikes rad got incredibly nasty and dirty and was very hard to clean. I skipped the oil cooler guard, as i feel its pretty well tucked up there and safer from major debris. I have a pikes peak dvt, so looks are more important to me than a real rugged piece of protection anyway.
I went the same route. Just the Rad and header from EvoTech. Top notch for design and fitment. The header guard is so nicely done when I see a DVT without one it looks missing.

Sent from Android using TapTalk

Present 2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200s | 2000 Ducati MH900e **Past Sins 2007 MG Griso|2004 Aprilia Tuono|2003 Ducati 748|2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon|1996 Ducati 750 Monster

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 2:12 am

Garage
Very easy in installation and very useless grill from Touratech. Too large windows! https://shop.touratech-russia.com/st...p-to-2014.html
So I bought chinese analog with more dense cells! One note. If you gonna buy chinese one, be ready to buy more quality ties. Try to get a best capron ties you can find!

There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 9:17 am

I had an evotech on my 2015 DVT. After about 36K miles (Yes, I ride a lot) it had worn a hole through the radiator because of rubbing and caused coolant to come flooding out of the radiator. It was installed properly, but at the time, the shop brought up concerns about how it mounted which I ignored at the time. This was an out of pocket fix. SO, if you have an Evotech I'd keep a close eye on it since mine didn't cause an issue until after 30K+ miles.

I've since gone back to the Ducati/Touratech gaurd. It's better than nothing, but if this one wears a hole into the radiator, it's Ducati's fault this time.

2015 Multi 1200 S
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 9:36 am
Prolific Poster Award

They do supply little stick on rubber buttons , as with anything you do to YOUR bike check it often,
Evo rad guard, no problems and some of the others are A waste of metal for the limited protection.

I've gotta ask what are you doing following vehicles on the roads?
Ducatis have the right of way and to be leading and not following other vehicles.
Stay back or jump to the head of the line.

Bad decisions make for good stories
Take my Advice, I don't use it.
2011 Red Multistrada S Touring
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 9:45 am
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
I installed a Cox radiator and oil guard set on my 2013 S. No problems.

And really, I can't see any reasoning behind air flow "restrictions". I have rad guards on all of my bikes and have noticed absolutely zero overheating issues.

Had the Cox on both the '10 and '12 with no problems. A fair amount of accumulated chips and dings on the guards, but the radiators beneath look fine, so I'm happy with them.

In addition to the two radiator guards, my kit came with a case saver for the countershaft sprocket that I put on.

'12 Multi Touring these days
Yes, I do miss my air cooled multi...
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 11:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strega View Post
Simple aluminum window screen material provides the best protection and won't have any restriction to cooling air. It'll keep the bugs out too

If you're looking to just dress up your bike there are many screen sizes and patterns available from McMaster -Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#expanded-metal/=ttj5cw

One option I thought was particularly attractive is security screen mesh called Crimsafe pictured below.

Security Screens, Hurricane Protection, Insect Screen and Solar Shading from Crimsafe
Progressive Security Screens
8665 Miralani Drive, Suite 100
San Diego, California 92126
858-271-0900
"Strega" hm, of the P51 genre? You from Cal-Poly area?
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Strega the Italian word for witch.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strega View Post
Simple aluminum window screen material provides the best protection and won't have any restriction to cooling air. It'll keep the bugs out too

If you're looking to just dress up your bike there are many screen sizes and patterns available from McMaster -Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#expanded-metal/=ttj5cw

One option I thought was particularly attractive is security screen mesh called Crimsafe pictured below.

Security Screens, Hurricane Protection, Insect Screen and Solar Shading from Crimsafe
Progressive Security Screens
8665 Miralani Drive, Suite 100
San Diego, California 92126
858-271-0900
Have you worked with the Crimsafe product? It looks solid, and not many other options come pre-finished, other than SS or galvanized options... but I'm looking for black to blend in. I agree the usual aftermarket suspects are a lot of $$$ for what they are! I'm much more likely to drop the bike, so picked up some SW-Motech side guards and some Barkbusters, seeing them as first priority while I decide on radiator and oil cooler options. Appreciate everyone's feedback here!

2013 Matte Chrome Multistrada 1200 S Touring
Austin, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode