Dear Ducati - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 3:49 pm Thread Starter

Dear Ducati

Would you mind considering; (add your own items)

1. Making a windshield you don't have to remove to clean (or one that removes without tools)
2. Adding a simple compass to the dash display
3. Fixing the built in Bluetooth system/controls so they, ya know, work easily and consistently with other products (Garmin, Cardo, Scala, iPhone etc.)
4. Swap the position of the switches on the left handlebar. Cruise controls should be closest to operator's hand, it gets used far more.
5. Make a vastly brighter tail light
6. Make the panniers slide on/off easier when loaded. I'm always afraid I'll break one of the hooks as is.
7. For extra credit, figure out a clean way to provide 12 volt ports inside the panniers for charging things
8. Put 90 degree Schrader valves in the wheels
9. Include the damn $2.00 gasket with the purchase of the $850 generator cover
10. Do something with the grip heat control so I don't have to take a hand off a bar/eyes off the road to turn it on/off/up/down. I kinda liked prior years, where the starter button controlled the grip heat settings when the engine is running)
11. For God's sake let us clear our own Oil change light
12. Prohibit egomaniacals from minimizing observations of Duc owners as "annoyances", rather giving some thought to helping improve the product.

Last edited by NorCalStrada; Mar 13th, 2017 at 7:06 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Everyone can come up with hundreds of tiny nagging things about any bike. The items in the list above would normally be something that slightly annoys and then you move on. Not sure we need another complaint thread, but I guess there would be far fewer posts on this forum without them. Now this thread will go on and on with every constantly repeated annoyance.
The only thing that annoys me about the duc is the constant complaining of the owners
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 12:14 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamworth View Post
Everyone can come up with hundreds of tiny nagging things about any bike. The items in the list above would normally be something that slightly annoys and then you move on. Not sure we need another complaint thread, but I guess there would be far fewer posts on this forum without them. Now this thread will go on and on with every constantly repeated annoyance.
The only thing that annoys me about the duc is the constant complaining of the owners
Couldn't have said it better myself!

2006 Ducati PS1000LE
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 8:35 am

Let's face it, there is never going to be the perfect bike... We are all so different, we just customize them to make them more suited to us!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 8:58 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStrada View Post

1. Making a windshield you don't have to remove to clean (or one that removes without tools)
2. Adding a simple compass to the dash display
3. Fixing the built in Bluetooth system/controls so they, ya know, work easily and consistently with other products (Garmin, Cardo, Scala, iPhone etc.)
4. Swap the position of the switches on the left handlebar. Cruise controls should be closest to operator's hand, it gets used far more.
5. Make a vastly brighter tail light
6. Make the panniers slide on/off easier when loaded. I'm always afraid I'll break one of the hooks as is.
7. For extra credit, figure out a clean way to provide 12 volt ports inside the panniers for charging things
9. Include the damn $2.00 gasket with the purchase of the $850 generator cover
10. Do something with the grip heat control so I don't have to take a hand off a bar/eyes off the road to turn it on/off/up/down. I kinda liked prior years, where the starter button controlled the grip heat settings when the engine is running)
12. Prohibit egomaniacals from minimizing observations of Duc owners as "annoyances", rather giving some thought to helping improve the product.
1- I can get a microfiber cloth behind the windscreen to wash it without difficulty.
2- Would be nice - GPS does that for me (and I'd guess that those of us concerned about having a compass probably already have a GPS mounted).
3- I've never found a bike bluetooth system that worked for me... they make too many assumptions about how you want to use it... Sena headset controls are better in every case for me.
4- I like controls where they are... so I'm undoing your vote for a move. ;-)
5- Never heard a complaint about the DVT taillight from folks I ride with... my cousin's 13 taillight is plenty bright.
6- It would be nice but I'd not want them to use some big ugly mount that looks like crap when the panniers aren't mounted to do it.
7- Again... would be cool but I use the tankbag for recharging so this would be low priority for me.
8- Ducati have heard your prayer and have retroactively installed 90degree valves on 15's and newer... but only in the front.
9- got nuthin here
10- I use heated grips enough when cold weather sets in that I don't have a problem finding the button after the second or third use... but I'd personally rather see a rocker switch than a button with an on screen indicator, so I agree with you here.
11- Yup, I think they want to force you to the dealer and that's annoying (don't tell me what to do!)
12- I agree... some ideas I don't agree with but some good ones too.

The only thing that really bugs me about the Multi is this:
- No way to get information about what's causing a CEL... I think again they're trying to force you to the dealer by making it an idiot light, but that's no way to treat your customers.
egrafx2006 and NorCalStrada like this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 9:10 am

Garage
On more point from my side:

- Ducati Customer service should properly forward Customers' needs to Ducati's Engineers to build accessories and parts to improve the actual bikes and the design of the next ones!!

My experience:
I complained all the last year about the weak halogen headlights of the 1200DVT Standard. I wrote several mails describing the problem at the customer support.
Result... new 2017 MTS1200DVT and 950 have the same "weak" headlights.

THIS IS SAD!
NorCalStrada likes this.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 9:40 am Thread Starter

13. Step up and build with fasteners that can be used more than twice without needing to be replaced. While you're at it, skip using the Torx bolts altogether. I like Torx fine, but you've "sneaked" a couple on the bike, surrounded by hex, and its far too easy for people to think they too are internal hex (and the two places they are located use low torque values anyway- no need for a Torx fastener).

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 10:02 am

14. Maintain a better stock of parts, especially for older bikes, and provide them to the dealers more promptly.
15. Make more parts out of Adamantium or Mithril or something, so they don't wear out every 100,000 miles.

PhilB
complexCarlo likes this.

1993 Ducati Monster M900, bought new, 260K miles (so far)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStrada View Post

6. I found a little bit of Silicon Lube sprayed onto the Holes one the multi and a little on the rubber mounts fixed this issue like a champ.
8. Mine came with them, maybe it was my dealer?? Shrug. THough I still need to move them a little so I can put the Garmin TPMS sensors on at the next tire change
11. I'll agree with this one.
NorCalStrada likes this.

2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
2006 Suzuki SV1000S
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2017, 10:19 am Thread Starter

#8- yeah, my thing is after riding 300-400 miles, I've lost track of where the Shrader valves will stop when I park the bike once back home. Murphy being well, Murphy, typically means they are right at the calipers- so I can't check air pressure for the next ride without moving the bike. First world problem, I know...

PS- the front ('16) came with a 45 degree (which is crazy close to smacking the caliper in rotation), the rear is straight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode