Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

article i wrote that features the multi

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rebobd 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Great article rebobd! I keep thinking about looking into doing a school, but never do. I'm in the class where I'm OK at riding, but have several habits I need to recognize and break, ie, not looking ahead! I've asked my wife for riding schools as a birthday gift but get the feeling she thinks I'll start racing. I'm definitely going to look at some schools, thanks for lighting a fire to learn!

#6 ·
Nicely done Sir, very nice article, hits the nail firmly and squarely on the head.

Reactions: rebobd
#7 ·
Well done!

Like many here I've been riding for decades, but I still practice slow speed tight turns in empty parking lots on weekends. I swear I'm more afraid of those maneuvers than going fast or lane spitting.

Speaking of which, yesterday - probably because I have a white bike and a white helmet and look of like the police, kinda sorta on purpose in the hope of greater self preservation - I had a older Chinese cager in the commute lane panic on me when he saw me coming between lanes and swerve out of it - because he wasn't supposed to be in it without multiple occupants - and nearly take me out.

I've had things like this happen so many times now, I no longer get upset. OK, maybe a quick curse, but I just kept on moving.

Ride safe gents. It's just ridiculous these days.

Hijacking rant over. :)

#10 ·
Great read. Sounds like you have done it right. It's been at least 10 years since my last riding school. Might be time for another.

I do have a good friend who is an MSF instructor, and I manage to learn something from him every time we ride together.

Reactions: rebobd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.