MTS950 and 1200DVT Standard advise - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 3:03 am Thread Starter

Garage
MTS950 and 1200DVT Standard advise

Dear Ducati users, owners and in particular buyers... be advised that the new Multistrada 950 mounts like the MTS1200DVT Standard and halogen projector which output a bad low beam and poor high beam light. Before to think to buy these bikes I recommend to have a test ride in the night and carefully evaluate the performance of their light beams. Please also consider that the adjusting screws for this type of projectors are very hard to locate and more difficult to reach for adjusting. One more problem of MTS950 and MTS1200DVT Standard are the front suspensions. These are too soft causing a strong dive of the bike while braking, when you experience a strong brake (an emergency brake for instance) the combination of the dive effect with the poor light beam make the world suddenly dark!! I suggest everybody who owns like me this type of lights and suspension to drive carefully in the night and make stiffer the front suspension by increasing a bit the preload of the springs and give 4 to 6 click at the hydraulic compression brake.
To everybody who intend to buy such bikes, I suggest to leave them at the dealer. Never buy such poor products for such a high price! The only MTS which are really valuable are the S and PP version, DISREGARD ALL THE OTHERS THEY ARE RUBBISH. I know that they are cheaper but they should be much more cheaper, if you want pay less better to go to a used bike since at moment it's already possible to find a reasonable good 1200DVT S at almost the same price of a new MTS950!

Share this info for the sake of we customers! Ducati must change this policy!
Juozaz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 7:38 am
Nun

Garage
I don't share this sentiment.

Coming from a suzuki vstrom, this bike is perfection.

Ride of your life
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 1:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
The S version with the new airbox and ECU software is perfection...whilst 950 and Standard are not so good and you don't get what you pay for.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Garage
Spend enough time with any bike and you can find enough faults for someone to hate it and think it's rubbish. Everyone is different. It seems to me that the problems you describe are very easy to fix.

2015 Multistrada DVT S Touring
2004 SV650S
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 2:41 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Absolutely true. Mine was only a suggestion. Everybody is free to choose. But if my dealer or a motorcycle magazine or a friend had told me about the limitationd and problems of my 1200DVT Standard I would paid the difference of the S. My intention was only to pass an info useful for somebody not for everybody.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 2:49 pm

So stiffen up the front suspension, and buy a better headlight or auxiliary lighting. Not that big a deal. Your info is useful, but your judgment seems ridiculously harsh.

PhilB
johnrg likes this.

1993 Ducati Monster M900, bought new, 260K miles (so far)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Just my opinion, the 1200DVT is a very nice bike with a lot less electronics to go wrong. I put on roughly 33k a year on two bikes. No track except for Cal. Super bike school, in which case I use theirs. I don't not see the need for different air box or ecu or suspension. Maybe I don't ride hard enough, trust me, it's not because I don't know how.
The bashing on these bikes is unfortunate. Ducati makes beautiful, reliable, exciting motorcycles today that are well beyond most of our limits, stock.
johnrg and racerboy like this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 7:03 pm

7k miles here. No diving or poor handling characteristics here at my weight. Suspension is spot on. Standard non S bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15975175_10208686783994207_7441384743920376391_o.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	792153  

2006 Sport Classic 1000 / 2013 Husqvarna TE 310R / 2015 Multistrada T
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2017, 8:22 am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo09 View Post
The S version with the new airbox and ECU software is perfection...whilst 950 and Standard are not so good and you don't get what you pay for.
Agreed. After two model years they have provided the mid range power delivery the 2015 and 2016 models were advertised to possess but don't quite exhibit on most dyno charts from the field.

2016 Multistrada S (totaled)
2013 Multistrada S Touring (sold)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2017, 4:35 am

Garage
keep on trolling Desmo09

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Multistrada 1200S DVT 2016 Touring pack, the Netherlands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode