Upgraded to Full Akrapovic exhaust system question? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 10:10 am Thread Starter

Garage
Upgraded to Full Akrapovic exhaust system question?

Hi All,
I replaced by 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S with a full Akrapovic Exhaust system and see a performance issue but sounds great. I believe a engine remapping needs to be done.

1) Do I buy a DynoJet and do the mapping myself OR
2) Will a K&N Airfilter change will take care of the performance

OR should I do both? Experts Please guide me through>>>Any links are greatly appreciated

Sincerely,
Raj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Didn't you get the USB with the new map? (It comes with the full system)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Akrapovič doesn't come with an up map.

Monster 1200R

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 2:25 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Thats true I did not see anything that came with it
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Need a custom fuel map

Hey, there. It's your motorcycle so you can do what you want, but any time you make a change like this, you have to adjust the fueling to your motorcycle. In this case, you removed the cat -- which is great -- but by uncorking this and flowing more air through the system, you are going to have to add more fuel or you are going to create not only a lean fueling condition -- but one that can potentially severely damage the engine. The right way to do this would have been to have done a baseline dyno run just to see where you are/were. Then if you made a mod, you have to adjust the fueling. Popular ways to do this are by adding something like a Power Commander which augments the base fuel map that is loaded to the ECU and adds/removes fuel as needed. It takes a dyno to do this the right way, but the end result is a nice custom-tune to help your motorcycle achieve its full potential. In the case of the Termi full system, it comes with a usb key and a fuel map that has already been created to work with a your motorcycle and exhaust setup. That key contains a fuel map that will overwrite the one that comes from the factory. On a DVT-engine Multistrada the result is absolutely profound!

So...bottom line...I wouldn't ride your bike in its current state until you get the fueling sorted out.

Rob
oalvarez and Ducati1200Raj like this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 3:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati1200Raj View Post
I wouldn't put a K&N air filter in any vehicle I intended to keep. The link to the canonical take down of their filtering ability appears to have dies a while back, but Archive.org at least is still preserving the text...

Quote:
The AC Delco filter test ran for 60 minutes before exceeding the restriction limit while the AMSOIL and K&N tests each ran for 20 and 24 minutes respectively before reaching max restriction. In 60 minutes the AC Filter accumulated 574gms of dirt and passed only 0.4gms. After only 24 minutes the K&N had accumulated 221gms of dirt but passed 7.0gms. Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt. See the data tables for a complete summary of these comparisons.
ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report
Ducati1200Raj and DarR like this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Dynojet apparently can, or has been restricted to only modify a portion of the map. If you look at the PCV available for the MTS, you can see the note. They do have 2 maps. Stock and termi so maybe Termi gets you close and then you can modify the tables easily yourself on a pc by usb. If near Vegas, they may be interested in putting your combo on the dyno. At times they will do it free so they can offer the map and PCV to others.
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dl=344&yr=3212
Ducati1200Raj likes this.

2006 Sport Classic 1000 / 2013 Husqvarna TE 310R / 2015 Multistrada T

Last edited by johnrg; Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:49 pm.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 3:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati1200Raj View Post
Hi All,
I replaced by 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S with a full Akrapovic Exhaust system and see a performance issue but sounds great. I believe a engine remapping needs to be done.

1) Do I buy a DynoJet and do the mapping myself OR

OR should I do both? Experts Please guide me through>>>Any links are greatly appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5a2...-usowxu-4pWEiQ

Sincerely,
Raj

Get the MWR foam filter for the multi and get the Rapid bike Evo module. Leave it to "auto adapt" and you won't need to touch the mapping from a laptop. Rapid bike works in closed loop as well where PCV or bazzaz do not. I ordered the termi full system with the up map and getting the Rapid bike module as well to unleash the full potential of the motor. Do a search and you will find a few topics on Rapid bike.
fastrob691 and Ducati1200Raj like this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 10:12 am

What about Tuneboy ? I've heard great things about them. Good luck !

Paul
ST4s 2003
NJ
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 11:31 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0812 View Post
What about Tuneboy ? I've heard great things about them. Good luck !
No Tuneboy on the DVT's as of yet, and last I hear, he's not made the Bosch ECU's a priority on trying to crack.
PCV, Bazaz, and Rapid Bike EVO are the only user serviceable options right now. But they are all POST ECU.
Rexxar can flash your ECU, but you have to mail it to them.

Mark

2015 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
2006 Suzuki SV1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode