2015+ Aftermarket Heated Grips - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2017, 9:51 am Thread Starter

Garage
2015+ Aftermarket Heated Grips

The heated grips on my 2015 are really poor. There are numerous threads discussing the performance of the OEM heated grips so that's not what this thread is about. What I haven't read much about is who has installed aftermarket heated grips, specifically on the 2015 and newer bikes, in order to improve heating performance.

I bought a set of Oxford heated grips to install on my bike but with the ride-by-wire throttle tube, and the wiring flange on the inboard side, I'm not sure if the grips I bought are compatible.

I'll post up some photos later of my throttle tube, but in the meantime I was hoping to get the conversation started. Has anyone installed aftermarket heated grips on an "electronic-throttled" Multistrada? I'd like to at least know if it's even possible.

2015 Multistrada DVT S Touring
2004 SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2017, 10:07 am

I won't be able to confirm fitment of the grips onto the throttle tube, but I can confirm that oxford grips can be wired into the stock ducati wiring harness, so the OEM button is functional. As long as you're handy enough to solder and heat shrink a couple wires.

2000 Monster 900Sie - Blue - 40k miles | 2001 Monster 900ie - Black - 25k miles | 2013 Hyperstrada - White - 12k miles
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 12:54 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monocog007 View Post
I won't be able to confirm fitment of the grips onto the throttle tube, but I can confirm that oxford grips can be wired into the stock ducati wiring harness, so the OEM button is functional. As long as you're handy enough to solder and heat shrink a couple wires.
Thanks! I tried connecting the Oxford controller to the OEM Ducati grips but the temperature was still pretty low. I measured 55C with my IR thermometer. When I measured the temp of the Oxford grips while connected to the Oxford controller, I measured over 100C. Both of those were at the 100% setting. I haven't tried connecting the Oxford grips to the bike controller though.

2015 Multistrada DVT S Touring
2004 SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode