2017 MTS Airbox upgrade available for 15/16? - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2016, 5:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfire View Post
Does anyone really knows what is the difference between both airbox? Is it bigger? Different air filters?
I am getting tempted to go to the dealer and get part numbers on these airboxes to find out if they're actually different. Anyone work at a dealer to confirm?
Bonaventure and Redfire like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2016, 8:00 am

Still no clarity from Ducati on this? I think it would be really bad of them to have finally eliminated all vestiges of the flat spot for model year 2017 and not offer faithful 2015 and 2016 customers a sponsored path of some sort to apply the same fix to our bikes.

Come on Ducati, step up to the plate please. At least offer us wholesale pricing on the airbox and authorize dealers to perform the necessary ECU update.
sixfive and Redfire like this.

2016 Multistrada S (totaled)
2013 Multistrada S Touring (sold)
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2016, 12:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
Still no clarity from Ducati on this? I think it would be really bad of them to have finally eliminated all vestiges of the flat spot for model year 2017 and not offer faithful 2015 and 2016 customers a sponsored path of some sort to apply the same fix to our bikes.

Come on Ducati, step up to the plate please. At least offer us wholesale pricing on the airbox and authorize dealers to perform the necessary ECU update.
I totally agree Ducati should do something for us I hate that dam flat spot and would like it fixed, I don't want to sell it to buy a 2017 that would suck!

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 2:51 am

Garage
Any news about this "upgrade" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 5:55 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfire View Post
Any news about this "upgrade" ?

First thing I'd like to know is if the improved airbox design REALLY delivers the goods - need to see some 17 customer bike dyno pulls to know for sure. Assuming that's true then the "does it fit" and "how much does it cost" questions come up next.
oalvarez likes this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 6:40 am

Garage
Yes I also wonder about the differences on the parts and performance

post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 8:36 am

pretty stunning conclusions arrived at in this thread all based on an unconfirmed rumor. I can pretty well guarantee Ducati is not going to be replacing airboxes on existing models, no matter how much groaning, complaining, and trashing the company.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 9:05 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamworth View Post
pretty stunning conclusions arrived at in this thread all based on an unconfirmed rumor. I can pretty well guarantee Ducati is not going to be replacing airboxes on existing models, no matter how much groaning, complaining, and trashing the company.
The reason for this is that a Ducati rep at one point told one of the folks on this board (in person) that the upgrade was coming and Ducati was going to release it to 15 owners gratis (this was when it appeared it would be released on the 16's). It really was not an unconfirmed generic rumor. As with anything coming from Ducati, I believe that sort of thing when I've got the part in my grubby hands - but there is a basis for the folks who are grumbling.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 12:52 pm
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Welcome to the internet...

'12 Multi Touring these days
Yes, I do miss my air cooled multi...
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Quote:
As DaveK cited, not an unconfirmed rumor. The original thread w/ mention of the Ducati USA National Service Manager's statement regarding a Campaign coming out on it is here:

DVT Air box upgrade owner notification

At this point, do I expect Ducati to foot the cost of an all inclusive recall campaign to do this? No. But how about some kind of Sponsored Path for '15 and '16 owners who so choose, to be able to upgrade their bikes for no cost or wholesale cost?

2016 Multistrada S (totaled)
2013 Multistrada S Touring (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode