**New Owner Thread...Liquid Cooled MTS ENDURO...Discuss and Show Us Yours** - Page 14 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 137 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2016, 7:32 pm

I'm loving this motorcycle. Shoots down the highway. Wide linear powerband bearing in mind no powerband is perfect. Engine has awesome character and power. Suspension is the best I've ever experienced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0657_1476836266204.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	655.1 KB
ID:	756657  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 137 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2016, 7:38 am

If I stayed on roads I would be ok with the suspension. But I weigh 200 and then add camping gear, food, etc. It was a bit much for her on the white rim and I will be upgrading the springs once winter sets in. Otherwise, amazing and just ate up the dirt. It didn't feel like a big adventure bike at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #133 of 137 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Oh...What a lucky man..I am!

Best bike I have ever owned. So natural. Race exhaust on it's way. Amazing end of year deal. What a rush! And no more stealing the keys to my boys monster!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bikes -1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	777442  
springsyeti likes this.

post #134 of 137 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2017, 9:00 am

Just picked up my Multi Enduro last weekend!
Coming off a Base '11 & '14 Multi's
A few observations & questions;
Engine: The dual plug '14 was a big improvement over the '11. The new DVT is pretty good but seems to have a turbo lag. Seems like the oil pressure has to build up to move the cams, although I think it's probably the lean emissions fueling. This '16 is way better than '15 DVT I demo'ed when they first came out. Which leads to the fuel mileage & again the '14 was much better than the '11 & good for nearly 200 miles averaging around 40+MPG. The '16 is only averaging about 35MPG, although I only have 200 miles on the new bike. Hopefully this all improves once broken-in.

Handling: Bike is big but once under way you really don't notice the size. Really notice size/weight when rolling around garage. Sure is a bear to put on centerstand. It has the stock Scorpion Trail II's, which I had on my '14 also. These tires work pretty good for the type of tire. Bike is stable & rails the corners pretty good. The real test will be time comparisons (Base '14-'16 Enduro) @ the Mt. Ascutey Hillclimb later this year.

Suspension: First Multi with electronic adjustability/skyhook. Haven't spent much time with the settings but noticed in default settings that when in "Touring" & "Urban" mode at a stop light rear susp. has like no damping (pogo stick). Yet once moving seems ok. Is this normal?

Electronics: Big Improvement over the older ones. The Wheelie control though? Seems 1 is too intrusive, yet off is scary! Definitely notice the taller first gear & overall gearing. Throttle control in first is like a rheostat to the front wheel with DWC off! Cruise will be a joy. The Bluetooth? I haven't even read the manual on it yet.

Heated grips I've noticed are weak compared to the older ones.

Bags are huge! one of the things I really like for week long trips, but are overkill for the weekend.

Has anyone tried mounting the OEM plastic "Givi" bags? The rear frame & places were the peg mounts go look to be the same. Some of the Part#'s for frame & passenger pegs are the same.

Also has anyone installed a rear rack other than the Ducati one with Touratech trunk? Looks like SW-Motech makes one, but I seen reviews where they say the panniers hit when opening. They also make one for the DVT that looks similar & the passenger grab rails look to be same between bikes.
Ducati makes one too, but lists it as fitting the DVT only
Part#96780611A
Just looking for a rack to mount a tail bag & little trunk sometimes.

Overall I'm really happy with it so far & time will tell. Can't wait for the nicer weather to hit the Northeast area.
Thanks in advance for any input & hope everyone is enjoying their Enduro's also!

Here's a couple of pix
The '14 is in the background

Last edited by RedDuc999; Mar 5th, 2017 at 9:28 am.
post #135 of 137 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Garage
I haven't even ridden mine with the luggage on it.

I did 1200km this weekend.

More than pleased with the bike. Yesterday I put the multi in the Multistrada, poor thing saw rain, snow, leaves, dirt, even rode over a partially cleared landslide (note to self: be wary about going on rides with guys in KTM 1190s and GSAs, they crazy). I continue to be impressed with her because a bike that big really has no business being as agile as it is.

My only complaint is that its a lot of work, the throttle is stiff, the clutch is stiffer, and after 600km of Japanese touges (if you have ever seen these goat trails) my hands and upper back are frigging jacked today. That is likely a personal issue.

Still haven't tweeked the suspension (no SCU likely order that this week)

I literally haven't gotten off the thing long enough to figure out the computer.....I still need to set the clock

Evolution Stops when stupidiy is no longer fatal.
post #136 of 137 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Garage
@springsyeti

I love the White Rim trail, but did it in a 4x4, not the mtse... did you camp overnight or 1 day it?
post #137 of 137 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 5:27 pm

**New Owner Thread...Liquid Cooled MTS ENDURO...Discuss and Show Us Yours**

I did it in one day ~4 hours. Heading out this month with some guys to do it again and we will probably camp and go a bit slower. They are on DRZ's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode