stock seat vs. touring seat - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 1:29 am Thread Starter

stock seat vs. touring seat

Wondering if anybody knows if the Ducati Touring seat is any lower or taller than the stock seat. I'm considering adding that to my '10 . . .

2010 MTS ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 1:57 pm

Garage
I recently installed the DP Touring seat and although I have not actually measured it, my perception is that the height is not significantly different than the stock seat. I do find it to be a bit more comfortable than stock, but have not yet done long days. As luck would have it, we are heading out in the morning to Sedona, AZ so we'll have two 500 mi. days back to back for a much better test. I will report further.

2012 Multistrada S Touring, Full Termi System,
2010 848 N. Hayden SE Full Termi system,
2004 BMW R1100S BCR, Ohlins & Staintune,
2010 Vespa GTS 250ie.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 5:26 pm

I have the Ducati Performance Comfort Seat on my 2014 Multi 1200 S and find that it is a little flatter and wider than the stock seat. The height is about the same but because it is slightly wider your legs don't go straight down like they do with the stock seat so the bike will "feel" a little taller (even though it really isn't). I'm pretty happy with the comfort seat. It is more comfortable than the stock seat for sure.

2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO (sold)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 7:23 pm Thread Starter

Please do report back, I'm very curious to find out

What I noticed, and my wife has commented, the DP Comfort Seat is a bit harder, more dense than the stock seat which she thought made it much more comfortable. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test out the rider seat due to my buddy's bike being newer and the seat didn't fit but given the feed back I'm receiving it would be more comfortable/supportive overall

2010 MTS ABS
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
I have the Ducati Performance Comfort Seat on my 2014 Multi 1200 S and find that it is a little flatter and wider than the stock seat. The height is about the same but because it is slightly wider your legs don't go straight down like they do with the stock seat so the bike will "feel" a little taller (even though it really isn't). I'm pretty happy with the comfort seat. It is more comfortable than the stock seat for sure.
Can you tell me the part numbers on your 2 seats?

2014 Pikes Peak
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 10:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
This was my impression when I tried one on my 2013. In my case, the increased comfort was not worth the taller "feel". I'm back to the stock seat.

Ken

2013 Multistrada 1200 ABS
Austin, TX
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
This was my impression when I tried one on my 2013. In my case, the increased comfort was not worth the taller "feel". I'm back to the stock seat.

Ken
My only real complaint about the stock seat is that for touring it 'pushes' you to the front of the seat. For aggressive riding I like that, but for touring it makes it harder to move around for comfort. I find that after 3 days touring I get pretty sore. It goes away after another couple days but it's pretty annoying during that period.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 11:54 am

Garage
Sorry for taking so long to report back, frankly I just forgot to do so.

I think the DP Touring seat on my 2012 is the about same height as the stock seat. I have now ridden about 20,000 mi. on stock seat and 10,000+ mi. on DP Touring seat. I find the Touring seat to be more comfortable for long days, having done 10+ days in excess of 500 mi. and one string of 4 x 500+ miles days in a row on this seat. I think its a cost effective upgrade.

2012 Multistrada S Touring, Full Termi System,
2010 848 N. Hayden SE Full Termi system,
2004 BMW R1100S BCR, Ohlins & Staintune,
2010 Vespa GTS 250ie.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 12:54 pm Thread Starter

No worries, thanks for following up anyways!
did you find the Touring seat significantly different in shape compared to the stock seat? The material of the stock seat I'm not overly concerned about as my tush would eventually get used to it. But what I did notice is the fact that, as previously mentioned by others, you slide right into the tank and it puts quite a bit of pressure onto your groin area. That is my main worry . . .

2010 MTS ABS
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfive View Post
No worries, thanks for following up anyways!
did you find the Touring seat significantly different in shape compared to the stock seat? The material of the stock seat I'm not overly concerned about as my tush would eventually get used to it. But what I did notice is the fact that, as previously mentioned by others, you slide right into the tank and it puts quite a bit of pressure onto your groin area. That is my main worry . . .
I had the touring on my '12 MTS, I liked the comfort but it splayed my hips wider with the flatter profile and my left hip would ache on long rides. I went back to stock and have no issues other than it looks plain. I may try a Sargent if I can find one used, or recover mine with the Luimoto Cover and Gel inserts.

2011 1198
2012 MTS 1200 ABS
Past Bikes, 1985 RZ-350, 1988 FZR400, 1994 CBR-F2(RACE), 1998 TL-S, 2001 R6, 2002 CBR 954, 1999 R6(RACE), 2004 CBR 1000RR, 2005 R1, 2008 CBR 1000RR, 2005 ST3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode