DVT Air box upgrade owner notification - Page 6 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Guys,

I hate to say that Im too lazy to sift through this entire thread for part number's but...im too lazy to do that.

Do we have a compiled list of EXACTLY what is needed to do this?

My dealer quoted me 495 for parts and over 1k with labor. I spit my water all over the inside of my car when he told me that....

Ill get the parts and do it myself, i just need to know exactly what im ordering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 9:13 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by multimike View Post
I've been locked out with password issues for a bit , but let me chime in on this now that I'm back...

I have a 2015 DVD that was fitted with the Termi system and up map just after purchase almost 2 years ago. A few months ago I did the air box mod with a racing filter and notice a nice improvement. The low end & mid range feels storoner and smoother. The top end power band is crazy, 3rd gear is pulling the front end up at 80+ now (14-40 gearing). When riding hard I use less RPM's and less shifting now. No question this mod improves intake and compliments exhaust & up-map mods. No Dyno testing but even if there was no more max power the engine feels stronger and smoother, it just breathes better. Yes, intake noise is louder, especially at the top end.
Pleas , could you tel us what you did. Air box mod..
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 9:28 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
Guys,

I hate to say that Im too lazy to sift through this entire thread for part number's but...im too lazy to do that.

My dealer quoted me 495 for parts and over 1k with labor. I spit my water all over the inside of my car when he told me that....

Ill get the parts and do it myself, i just need to know exactly what im ordering.
$495 if there's an actual measurable improvement isn't bad... but as is usual with these mods... I've not seen any data (I don't think anyone has put a parts list in this thread, which I've kept an eye on over the last year). I'll be waiting to see if the 2017 dyno data looks better than 15/16. I'm too old to believe anyone's 'seat of the pants' impression (even my own) when they've just dumped money or time into doing something (confirmation bias is not your friend).
ChrisE likes this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"

post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 11:15 am

Quote:
Guys,

You won't find the part numbers in this thread but you will find them here:2017 Airbox Lid

Mike Santa Barbara, CA / Whidbey Island, WA
'15 MTS-S Touring, 99 Ducati 996, '07 BMW R1200S
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickW View Post
Pleas , could you tel us what you did. Air box mod..
See the link for "2017 Airbox Lid" above for details. All the plastic comes off, the tank needs to be moved out of the way (but not totally disconnected). Basically everything you need to do to replace the air filter and in my opinion it's a good tome to
do that as well with a racing filter, especially if you have done exhaust mods. Parts are $145 ish and it took me about 3 hours. If you have a service coming up that would be the time to do this as it would only add about 15 min to the job. Highly recommended by me, but then I already drank the Kool-Aid.
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
$495 if there's an actual measurable improvement isn't bad... but as is usual with these mods... I've not seen any data (I don't think anyone has put a parts list in this thread, which I've kept an eye on over the last year). I'll be waiting to see if the 2017 dyno data looks better than 15/16. I'm too old to believe anyone's 'seat of the pants' impression (even my own) when they've just dumped money or time into doing something (confirmation bias is not your friend).
Sure...its not bad if we are talking about the actual price of the parts instead of some imaginary number and an imaginary number of parts, ie my douchebag mechanic was trying to rip me off with a "fake" quote.

As this thread has detailed the parts themselves are about 145ish dollars. Im struggling to see where my mechanic came up with a 495 dollar quote for parts...

There's a difference between someone saying "that is what we charge" and "that is what the parts cost". Semantics but its the truth.

Im going to grab the parts, do it myself and dyno the bike. We will see a before and after ideally in about a month.
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Garage
Quote:
Sure...its not bad if we are talking about the actual price of the parts instead of some imaginary number and an imaginary number of parts, ie my douchebag mechanic was trying to rip me off with a "fake" quote.

As this thread has detailed the parts themselves are about 145ish dollars. Im struggling to see where my mechanic came up with a 495 dollar quote for parts...

There's a difference between someone saying "that is what we charge" and "that is what the parts cost". Semantics but its the truth.

Im going to grab the parts, do it myself and dyno the bike. We will see a before and after ideally in about a month.
ahh... sounds like time for a new mechanic. I've had the tank off... it's a pretty easy job, couple hours even the first time... probably under an hour if you know what you're doing. Hell for only $140 it's worth doing even if the improvement isn't a slam dunk - just to get the updated design (which presumably will breath better or why would they change it).

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Quote:

Looking forward to it...

'15 Ducati Panigale 1299S, '15 White Ducati Multistrada S (Vin #1000), '12 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, '08 KTM 300XCW, '07 Ducati 1098s, '98 Yamaha R1, '93 Bimota DB2, '76 Honda CB400F
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2017, 1:27 am

Ow....

So...my October 2016 produced Multi has the 2017 airbox parts already...

That...sucks...lol.

So, anyone want to buy the four associated parts? PM me if you're interested.
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2017, 10:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
ahh... sounds like time for a new mechanic. I've had the tank off... it's a pretty easy job, couple hours even the first time... probably under an hour if you know what you're doing. Hell for only $140 it's worth doing even if the improvement isn't a slam dunk - just to get the updated design (which presumably will breath better or why would they change it).
Can you or anybody explain exactly how to remove the high pressure fuel hose from the gas tank? I read you hold the circle coupler and push down on the hose. My question is are you just holding steady the coupler or are you supposed to be pushing down on it? There doesn't seem to be any room to push down that coupler. The hose doesn't seem to move but only a fraction of a mm. I do see the male end of the coupler has a flange that holds the connector in place by some plastic "teeth". I just can't figure out what releases those teeth to release the line. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel hose.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	813649  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode