DVT Air box upgrade owner notification - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Do you think this airbox modification is directly related to improving the torque curve and some of the midrange issue and not necessarily top end?

2015 Multistrada S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Still no news

Hi everyone

Bike back in for fueling issues. Had them check the VIN to see if the airbox update has been released yet as either a recall or bulletin. Still nothing.

If anyone hears otherwise, please try to remember to come back and let us know here in this thread.

Best,

Zolo
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Thinking on this, it seems to be Ducati would be saddling itself with a lot of overhead to fix something that is not broken. Don't get me wrong I'd love a free upgrade to the air box that accesses cold air better than the former one, but why would Ducati incur the expense of retro fitting it to all bikes in the field via a campaign? I could see beginning to put the improved air box into new builds from a certain production date forward, but retro fitting all owned DVT Multi's out there on Ducati's dime... not so much.

2016 Multistrada S
2013 Multistrada S Touring (sold)

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2016, 8:46 pm

Garage
I'd be curious as to when this air box upgrade starts (started ?) in production.

My 2016 1200S arrived today.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2016, 7:47 am

Since we are talking air boxes has anyone tried the new K&N air filter on the DVT or for that matter any other type of air filter to see if it makes a difference?
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2016, 3:13 pm

I think it's great that they're doing what they can to fix these issues, it's a bummer that things don't seem to be tested prior but I guess it's hard to expect more from a smallish company.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2016, 3:36 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
Thinking on this, it seems to be Ducati would be saddling itself with a lot of overhead to fix something that is not broken. .
Ducati need to fix this and all other things that will give the power / powerband or as close to what they say they Multistrada has.
I would say that IF they dont do this and all other small things to show there customers that they will do everything they can to give what they told us, they will have a big problem on there hands.
No one will believe them when they clame Hp/torque or anything, nor will customer believe the test bike magazine when they do new bike tests.

So if they dont, the trust Issue will come, and its harder to build trust in the product.
One can say its not broken OR one can say its broken untill the product can do/has what they clame.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2016, 3:43 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr88 View Post
I think it's great that they're doing what they can to fix these issues, it's a bummer that things don't seem to be tested prior but I guess it's hard to expect more from a smallish company.
Smallish company?
The brand is small but the company is huge.. VW owns them.
Ducati is not a cheap bike to begin with. When wanting premium price they need to deliver premium bike and service.
Kitesurfer likes this.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2016, 6:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Adventurer View Post
Since we are talking air boxes has anyone tried the new K&N air filter on the DVT or for that matter any other type of air filter to see if it makes a difference?
As I understand it, you have to remove the fuel tank to gain access to the air box and filter. Not something worth doing unless you're really really motivated to try different filters.

2016 Multistrada S
2013 Multistrada S Touring (sold)
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2016, 7:48 am
Sco

Quote:
You don't even own a DVT (per your signature), so why does it bother you?

So what if he didn't own one , that is not a prerequisite for making a comment on a bike on this forum .

2011 Multi S - Laser cut Filmguard , Evotech rad guard , Ohlins Mechtronic ECU
Tuneboy-Tune Edit,CC,QS, Leo Vince decat, MWR performance air filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode