DVT Air box upgrade owner notification - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 2:42 pm

Garage
No company works on just one 'issue'... the fact that the Air box update came out now has no correlation to the amount of effort put into other problems. More than likely the 16 or 17 developers determined that airbox updates could make a significant improvement to DVT performance and it was pulled to the 15 to address the negative press the DVT has gotten (no improvement over non-dvt bikes, less power than direct rivals). BUT... Ducati had no obligation to give it to us early adopters - and the fact that they are is a big deal to folks like me who think loyalty is a two way street and vendors need to earn it in order to get it.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 11:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
No company works on just one 'issue'... the fact that the Air box update came out now has no correlation to the amount of effort put into other problems. More than likely the 16 or 17 developers determined that airbox updates could make a significant improvement to DVT performance and it was pulled to the 15 to address the negative press the DVT has gotten (no improvement over non-dvt bikes, less power than direct rivals). BUT... Ducati had no obligation to give it to us early adopters - and the fact that they are is a big deal to folks like me who think loyalty is a two way street and vendors need to earn it in order to get it.
I agree, I think the company is moving in the right direction. On my air cooled MTS (2005) the fuel sensor never worked right, it showed empty at half full. The valve guides were made of play-doh, and if they failed just out of warranty, Ducati often said, "oh well." Faulty guides were among the reasons that when my 1000 engine died an early death I replaced it with an 1100 engine.

BMW extended the warranty of their GS 1200 fuel strips for 12 or 15 years, I forget the exact timeline. At the time, I remember thinking, "no way Ducati does that!" But maybe Ducati are coming around. I bet the air box mod is a simple, low cost, effective change that they feel fosters good will. Good on 'em.
Bonaventure likes this.

Scott
'15 Multi S touring, '12 BMW R1200 GS
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 12:05 pm

Anyone actually getting traction on this?

Hello all

My '15 DVT is scheduled for service this week. When I asked about the airbox upgrade mentioned here, the rep looked up my VIN and informed me there's nothing mentioned about airbox in recalls or service bulletins.

Does anyone have any further info on this? Has anyone here actually gotten this done through a dealer?

TIA

Zolo

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolo View Post
Hello all

My '15 DVT is scheduled for service this week. When I asked about the airbox upgrade mentioned here, the rep looked up my VIN and informed me there's nothing mentioned about airbox in recalls or service bulletins.

Does anyone have any further info on this? Has anyone here actually gotten this done through a dealer?

TIA

Zolo
The update has not been released yet! A bunch of us on this forum met the US West Coast Service Manager who confirmed this was happening... Stay tuned!
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 5:50 pm

Thanks, Ecoyne

Zolo
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2016, 8:27 pm

Garage
I too am interested in these upgrades...
Thanks guy's for your info.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2016, 3:43 am
Directorate of Internal Security

Garage
Its like on the older MTS 1200 where a simply hole in the sidewall of the airbox made 3hp and 3ft/lbs. completly free.
Blue: mapped
Green: Mapped + hole in airbox.

I´ll not mention that my 2010 is equal in maxpower to a -15 DVT..
jheurte and Sco like this.

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2016, 11:31 am

Seminar

Snowshoe and apparently others. How does one know about and get invited to these Ducati seminars? It would be VERY interesting talking to someone who is directly connected to the factory and is willing to acknowledge and address known issues with the MTS. Interesting to note that with the 50 (100?) or so board mentions of fuel sensor failures not one has been for the same reason according to the sensor maker!!

Cheers

Ducatidyer
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidyer View Post
Snowshoe and apparently others. How does one know about and get invited to these Ducati seminars? It would be VERY interesting talking to someone who is directly connected to the factory and is willing to acknowledge and address known issues with the MTS. Interesting to note that with the 50 (100?) or so board mentions of fuel sensor failures not one has been for the same reason according to the sensor maker!!

Cheers
Our local dealer invited us to the presentation... If you don't have a relationship with a dealer, it's a good place to start!
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecoyne View Post
The update has not been released yet! A bunch of us on this forum met the US West Coast Service Manager who confirmed this was happening... Stay tuned!
Just ordered a 2016 DVT on April 1st, supposed to arrive to dealer near end of this month so I assume that means they have to build it yet. So my question is do you think they are now installing this updated air box on current builds?

2016 Multistrada S (totaled)
2013 Multistrada S Touring (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode