Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2015 Multistrada first problems.

277K views 1K replies 162 participants last post by  mollycbr123 
#1 ·
I like to report few problems that start to show up after 300 miles:

1) cruse control stop working.
2) menu up button is stuck.
3) generic error show on the left up corner of the display.
4) sometime loosing power when the bike is cornering.

Any one experience same or other problems?

#2 ·
I'm at 400 miles... No problems yet.

Power loss in corners sounds like a traction control issue (assuming its not an actual motor or fueling problem).

take it in.

#4 ·
The way I figure... if I'd been worried about having a perfectly reliable bike I be riding Japanese bikes. My brother's Super Tenere has been entirely flawless for the going on 2 years he's owned it, I could have bought one of those and saved myself a ton of money. I now have multiple European bikes... call me a glutton for punishment I guess. :grin2:

#6 ·
Dealer here has the demo model and they go over it before letting potential customers ride it...

Maybe you guys aren't beating on it hard enuff!!!

Sry, it would irk me too if woes showed up...

#7 ·
I have around 500 on mine.

1) Nope, but I can't set it to 64mph, go figure. Any other speed is fine :)
2) Mine is starting to stick as well.
3) Post a picture?
4) Do you get the Orange TC light? Try reducing DWC. Mine did this as well in bumpy corners. I reduced TWC to 2 and it seems to have fixed it, but you can also try turning it off.

#9 ·
4k whir sound

Around 4k I start to hear this cycling whir sound? I loose it at 5, but it may be the pipe is starting to perk up and covers the whir. I didn't know if is was the abs, semi-active suspension, etc?
Anyone else notice this?

#10 · (Edited)
ok, here goes.
total of 3 k now- in short an awesome bike but....

- @200 km i noticed an oil leak , coming from the cylinder head gasket... almost started to cry... ( my dealer already has 3 of them with the same problem).Bike goes in next wednesday to open up and check where/what..)
- did a 5 day trip of 2000 km - on day 4 the lock from the side case doesnt open anymore, had to mcgyver the thing open. ( also 3 with that problem, one that cant be opened at all anymore)
-on the morning of that same day it refuses to start.Start engine turns, but bike wont start. After a few minutes and numerous tries it decides to run...
- touring mode: really strange feedback from the rear spring, if in a car i would diagnose it as a broken shock/spring: it tends to wobble up and down a few times after a bump, causing a really strange "delay" coming from the backside; doesnt happen in sport mode.
- dwc: had to disengage it completely. The lag in the throttle response was too long, engine power was cut, to a point where i thought to be riding in 100hp mode. After disengaging i finally had the 1200 cc 160 hp monster i am used to ( coming from a 2013 GT)

I can write a lot of good things about the bike too, but thats not what this thread is for. And.. a good dealer is worth alot, mine is really good!!!

Obi

#29 ·
ok, here goes.
total of 3 k now- in short an awesome bike but....

- touring mode: really strange feedback from the rear spring, if in a car i would diagnose it as a broken shock/spring: it tends to wobble up and down a few times after a bump, causing a really strange "delay" coming from the backside; doesnt happen in sport mode

Obi
I would be contacting Ohlins about the suspension!!!!:wink2:

#47 ·
Does Ducati follow these threads?

I'm still planning on getting and DVT/S this year, but it seems my need to wait a couple months may pay off?? My question to anyone here that might have real knowledge is if Ducati actually follows these forums and actively works to fix these issues? ( So many seem software related, I'm hoping most can be sorted in the very near future, provided they are aware of them, and not push stuff off until another model year.)

Also hoping the pannier clip issues get sorted...:-(

#12 ·
Trip meter is resetting

I've got a question...

Yes, I've read the manual. :) The trip meter is supposed to reset if the battery is disconnected.

My trip meter resets every time I turn the dash on, even when it's on a trickle charger (ACI/Soneil). Anyone else seeing this?

Voltage (from the dash) when bike off, charger disconnected is 12.6v. Voltage with bike off and trickle charge connected is 14.3v.

Thanks, Scott

#13 ·
I've got a question...

Yes, I've read the manual. :) The trip meter is supposed to reset if the battery is disconnected.

My trip meter resets every time I turn the dash on, even when it's on a trickle charger (ACI/Soneil). Anyone else seeing this?

Voltage (from the dash) when bike off, charger disconnected is 12.6v. Voltage with bike off and trickle charge connected is 14.3v.

Thanks, Scott
Yes. I was just logging in to report the same issue. Every time I start the bike (dash) both Trip meters 1&2 are set at "0".

#17 ·
Mine does the same and resets to zero miles whenever my phone is connected to the bike via Bluetooth but works normally and logs miles when it's not connected. My dealer said they had been notified of the issue by Ducati and that a fix is forthcoming. Try it with Bluetooth off and see.

#25 ·

Attachments

#34 ·
You guys are really forgiving!

For me, these very early reports of problems is discouraging and disheartening, especially since I was finally getting over my prejudice against the adventure-styling and considering moving to a Multi from my 1198.

Based on articles, forum comments, and direct feedback from friends who've owned Multis through the '14 model year, it seemed Ducati just couldn't up the manufacturing quality to match the engineering excellence. I was hoping the 2015 Multi would finally break from that sad tradition, rather than just ... break.

#41 ·
Well, so far, after 500 km, I have had non of the mentioned issues. Everything workes fine, hope it stays that way.
The only thing I can comment on is that its not very smooth in low Rpm, I allways feel the need to shift down, even if its probably not needed.

#35 ·
I've noticed a minor issue... I don't have bluetooth comms in my helmet yet, but I just ran some Bose earbuds to my iphone 5. I got the phone to connect to the bike via bluetooth. I am able to change tracks; however, the volume adjust on the handlebars won't work with the phone (I can see the volume up / volume down indicate on the dash that I'm pressing the button, but the phone doesn't respond to the command). Is this because I'm running earbuds and not bluetooth comms?

#52 · (Edited)
Got to put 1400 miles on my '15 Multistrada this past weekend.

As this is a problems thread, that's all I'm going to report.

First, the already known trip, fuel consumption, etc., reset. Yes it happens on my bike every time on switch off.

Second, my left side pannier seems to develop a vacuum making it hard to open, not a biggie once I figured it out.

Today on the way home, I got caught in torrential rain about 60 miles from home. Rode about 15 miles in it and then the check engine light came on and I had no throttle control. It was absolutely pissing it down and I was in the middle of nowhere, so I limped home, 45 miles at 3500rpms, with the throttle wide open in 4th gear doing about 35mph.

I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

#54 ·
Today on the way home, I got caught in torrential rain about 60 miles from home. Rode about 15 miles in it and them the check engine light caught on and I had not throttle control. It was absolutely pissing it down and I was in the middle of nowhere, so I limped home, 45 miles at 3500rpms, with the throttle wide open in 4th gear doing about 35mph.

I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow.
Traction control kicking ???

Sounds like water got into something, thru the beak ? soaked the air temp sensor? so many electrical connections that could have got wet.
Or maybe even the rings for the Traction control.

Most would pull over in the torrents.

Not like a TIMEX where it is waterproof to a depth of 50 meters.

#53 ·
That sucks, but not too surprising. Plenty of Multis out there that don't like getting wet including my own. No too good for an "adventure" bike. I avoid puddles like the plague. Sorry to hear, but don't be surprised if this one is hard to figure out.

#55 ·
I wonder if there are some hidden diagnostic screens... when I have an lcd screen available on a system I'm designing I always bury screens that show things like sensor and input device values, system status indicators, etc... this is one of those situations where it would likely be pretty easy to figure out what sensor or subsystem was causing the error... IF you could see their current values.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.