New C version fuel sensor having issues after 4 months - Page 28 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 281 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 8:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Just had the second fuel sensor replaced under warranty. Both were the D version. The last one lasted about 5k miles (about one year). I suspect that the ethanol in our gas is the problem.

Ken
The fuel sensor just went out on my '13; it was the original (an "A" series sensor I guess). The bike is a long way out of warranty, but the service supervisor at my dealership (PJ's Motorcycles in Albuquerque) suggested we just submit the repair to Ducati. They responded within 30 minutes and took care of all costs. A "D" version of the sensor was installed. The dealer told me that they had not seen any of those come back yet, but from the above post, I guess that varies. I have used mostly Non-ethanol gas in our bike (we have good access to that gas here), but as we all know it's not always easy to find when traveling.

j

2013 MTS GT

"If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?" Steven Wright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 281 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2016, 7:16 pm

I am going in for my 5th one next week. I have the D model sensor now.

2013 Multistrada S, 2009 Yamaha FZ-6 (now the wife's), 08 KTM 530 EXCR, 05' Yamaha TTR 250, 05' Honda CRF 250X.
post #273 of 281 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Please tell me more of this wiring issue at the lower fork brace.

2013 Multistrada S, 2009 Yamaha FZ-6 (now the wife's), 08 KTM 530 EXCR, 05' Yamaha TTR 250, 05' Honda CRF 250X.

post #274 of 281 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2016, 12:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
I am going in for my 5th one next week. I have the D model sensor now.
Same here. 5th one in 2600 miles. Sigh! It's getting old I tell you , getting old....

13' Ducati Multistrada Pike Peak, 06' Ducati 999R, 06'Ducati Paul Smart, 02' Ducati 998R
post #275 of 281 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2016, 2:33 pm

"Both were the D version. The last one lasted about 5k miles (about one year). I suspect that the ethanol in our gas is the problem."

I suspect the idiots forgot how to make a simple float!
My 2003 ST4s with 45,000 miles still functions perfectly! Ethanol and all...

Stick Need an adrenaline rush? Shove a DUC between your legs.
Present DUCs: 2003 ST4S, 2001 ST2, 1996 900 SS/CR
post #276 of 281 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2017, 11:38 am

I'm still on the 2nd sensor (the rev D sensor Ducati installed under warranty almost 2 years ago). Still functions properly and I ride my bike at least once a week.

2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO (sold)
post #277 of 281 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Just had the second fuel sensor replaced under warranty. Both were the D version. The last one lasted about 5k miles (about one year). I suspect that the ethanol in our gas is the problem.

Ken
Heya Ken... New member and fellow Austinite '13 MTS owner here, who also happens to have inherited the sender issue on my new-to-me steed. Previous owner had the bike since Sept of 2014 with the sensor failed the whole time and didn't replace, the Dallas dealer stating "of course we can replace it but why bother - it'll just fail again"... Ha! That said, I'm wondering if I can get it replaced under "goodwill" warranty as well. Mind sharing your contact at the local dealership? I've heard good things about Austin Ducati otherwise and had a good experience running my VIN with them before purchase a few months ago. Also if you're up for grabbing lunch or something sometime to talk shop a bit, shoot me a PM. I work near campus and live up in North Austin. Thanks!

2013 Matte Chrome Multistrada 1200 S Touring
Austin, TX
post #278 of 281 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
Heya Ken... New member and fellow Austinite '13 MTS owner here, who also happens to have inherited the sender issue on my new-to-me steed. Previous owner had the bike since Sept of 2014 with the sensor failed the whole time and didn't replace, the Dallas dealer stating "of course we can replace it but why bother - it'll just fail again"... Ha! That said, I'm wondering if I can get it replaced under "goodwill" warranty as well. Mind sharing your contact at the local dealership? I've heard good things about Austin Ducati otherwise and had a good experience running my VIN with them before purchase a few months ago. Also if you're up for grabbing lunch or something sometime to talk shop a bit, shoot me a PM. I work near campus and live up in North Austin. Thanks!
Hi,

Ducati Austin is the best. The dealership was a major factor in my decision to buy my Multi. I think you'll be happy with whoever you talk to there. Several of us meet at the dealership on Saturday afternoons (4pm or so)....you're welcome to join us.

Ken

2013 Multistrada 1200 ABS
Austin, TX
post #279 of 281 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2017, 11:18 am

Thanks Ken. I have an appointment there this afternoon, and Tyler there said he'd work with his SM to at least cover labor since corporate would likely not cover the part (though he'd put in a request anyway)... So I'm out maybe $100 - not too shabby! Hope to see you guys out there a Saturday soon! Thanks again.

2013 Matte Chrome Multistrada 1200 S Touring
Austin, TX
post #280 of 281 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2017, 9:53 am

Garage
I had my fuel sensor replaced about 4-6 months ago, I'm assuming with the latest and greatest revision. I went out for a spin about 2 weeks ago and with a 1/4 tank stopped to fill up. Ironically enough after filling up and pulling away from the station I only had 1/8 tank and the fuel light came on and the gauge turned that pretty orange color.

Now I have to deal with calling them for a replacement and I'm tired of riding the 1 hour each way for warranty work on this machine. I am really going to push to make them come and pick the bike up to fix it but I am pretty sure they will not go for that. Very frustrating for a $22k+ motorcycle.

EDIT: This is on a 2016 1200S Touring.

2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring
2010 Harley Super Glide Custom (FXDC)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode