**New Owner Thread...Liquid Cooled MTS...Discuss and Show Us Yours** - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughest Rider View Post
My clutch and brake fluid looks gross brown so I want to get some synthetic in there. Any brand suggestions?
Motul RBF600. I use it on all my bikes. It's a little bit more expensive and requires changing a little more often than the usual standard stuff from the auto chain shops, but for me the improvement in feel is well worth it. Oh yeah, for oil the Duc likes Mobil 1 4T. The dealer sells it for nearly $20/bottle. Auto Zone has the same exact thing for less than half that.

Guess who gets my money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 11:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
Motul RBF600. I use it on all my bikes. It's a little bit more expensive and requires changing a little more often than the usual standard stuff from the auto chain shops, but for me the improvement in feel is well worth it. Oh yeah, for oil the Duc likes Mobil 1 4T. The dealer sells it for nearly $20/bottle. Auto Zone has the same exact thing for less than half that.

Guess who gets my money?
Thanks for the recommendation. Somebody else has also recommended Motul so I shall go with it. Auto Zone rocks! I've been getting Mobile One there for awhile at the cheapest price around.
post #23 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2014, 12:49 am

First ride on my MS today.

Well actually second ride. First one was late last night (thanks Westlake Ducati for staying late) in the dark on new tires so I pretty much just rode it home (14 Pikes Peak) and started playing with it.

Anyways today I took it out for a quick 100 mile trip after getting some CRGs put on at the dealer. Did Mulholland a couple times and most of the surrounding roads (mostly tight technical stuff, no high speed sweepers). What a great bike! Power is more than ample (especially for those roads) and that skyhook is actually pretty amazing. Going up Latigo there are a few sections that will always unsettle my other bikes (Hyper, GSXR, FJR, etc) however I never went over those sections as smooth as I did today. It just rolled right over them. Yes, I could still feel them however it was unbelievable how smooth it was compared to the norm.

Honestly the bike seems like a Hyper (first generation) times 1.5 Obviously a lot more powerful, and dimensionally bigger but it seems just as easy to throw around. Maybe its just me but I have noticed a lot of Hyper riders who later purchased Multis. The last 30 or so Multi owners who I ran into I always asked how they liked the bike and the great majority were very satisfied (never did run into anyone who didnt like it).

Anyways I now see what all of you were talking about. Whatever the opposite is of buyers remorse is, I have it and I got it bad. Thats all for now, time to go back to the owners manual.

post #24 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2014, 1:03 am

Enjoy! Likewise, I would let go of my hard earned cash 6 months later all over again. Just in case you didn't know, you can download the owners manual from Ducati along with the parts list. Even in my old age I now prefer my books in electronic form. Ducati

2013 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo
2014 Ducati 1199r Panigale (Track Mule)
post #25 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2014, 3:18 am

Getting a MTS

Just put a deposit on a S Touring with top case, engine guards, bark busters. 2013 plated runout deal includes full Termi system

Might be riding it by then end of the week!

I'm excited
post #26 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2014, 3:28 am

Congrats. Good deal.

Current bikes:
2006 BMW HP2 Enduro
1994 ATK 406
post #27 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2014, 4:47 am

Fantastic. You'll love it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 MTS 1200S Touring (Red GT Upgrade) - TaperPro handlebars, Rizoma bar ends, eBrew rear brake heat shield, SC-1 Oval pipes, TuneBoy cruise control
2013 BMW G650 GS Sunrise Yellow - (sold) gave me a sore butt
2001 Vespa 150 ET4 - (ex-wife got it with the most of my stuff) went through tyres and batteries quicker than oil
post #28 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2014, 7:33 am

Multi

I have a 2011 S best thing I have ever owned by a country mile, congratulations

Growing old in inevitable but growing up is optional
post #29 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2014, 7:38 am Thread Starter
Resident Raggamuffin

Congrats and have fun!

2016 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak
2016 BMW R1200GS
2012 Vespa 300 GTS Super
past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, KTM 1290 SDR, Thruxton R, and some BMWs as well.
post #30 of 258 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2014, 7:24 pm

I'm trading in my 1997 BMW R1100GS which is about to tick over 220,000km (115,000km were mine). It has been pretty reliable and great fun but I don't think I'll miss it for long once I get on the Multi! I tested the new R1200GS which also has the Sachs semi active suspension and it was close call but the Multi had that extra character that I was looking for, plus no BMW boxer can ever compete with the sound of a Ducati twin. (Even though I do think V4's are the best sounding engines)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode