**New Owner Thread...Liquid Cooled MTS...Discuss and Show Us Yours** - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 7:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkiw94061 View Post
Cruddy clutch fluid may be the reason for my occasional missed shifts / false neutrals (i hope that's all it is).
I think that chain tension contributes more to shifting quality than the clutch fluid. Drivetrain maintenance on this bike is critical...it's a big, torquey V-twin after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 8:27 am

I've had a few false neutrals between 4th and 5th, but I attribute that to a trans that hasn't been worn in and not being firm enough with the shifter.

2013 Multistrada 1200s
2009 Speed Triple (sold)
2008 Hypermotard 1100 (sold)
2003 Vrod (sold)
1974 Norton Commando (broken down into thousands of pieces)
post #13 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 9:11 am

Got my 2014 GT the middle of January. I only have 520 miles on it because of the the weather. I love the bike but its making me crazy just sitting in the garage.So nothing to do but farkle it up! Mods so far barkbusters,cox radiator guard,navihalter,bags connection engage bag,ducati fork sliders and the sargent low seat which I haven't even tried yet.I love the forum and all farkles were bought with the reviews from here.Screen is noisy and I'm hitting false neutrals so I need to be more aware of shifting.Coming off a 2007 Triumph tiger that had an awesome gearbox.

post #14 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 9:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbob View Post
I'm hitting false neutrals so I need to be more aware of shifting.Coming off a 2007 Triumph tiger that had an awesome gearbox.
Move the shifter lever down a quarter of an inch. Seriously, most people that have done it are very happy afterwards. Takes about 5 minutes and makes a world of difference IMHO. You can always move it back if you don't like it.

Attached are the directions from the workshop manual on how to do it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 4.21.34 PM.png
Views:	405
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	346225  

2013 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo
2014 Ducati 1199r Panigale (Track Mule)
post #15 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 10:48 am

Thanks I will try it,it does fit good right now but I will try it. i feel like i'm hurting the bike when it happens
post #16 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 11:03 am

I've had my 2014 GT for about 3 weeks now. Only 270 miles so far.

Compared to my 2008 1098S, this thing feels like a cadillac, has a ton of bells and whistles and it feels WAY less clunkier than my superbike.

This is my 3rd duki so I'm used to false neutrals!

This wet clutch is soooooo smooth! Its my favorite commuter so far.
post #17 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 11:31 am

There ya go! Try new things! You can come back and call me a numbskull if it doesn't help out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbob View Post
Thanks I will try it,it does fit good right now but I will try it. i feel like i'm hurting the bike when it happens

2013 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo
2014 Ducati 1199r Panigale (Track Mule)
post #18 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Garage
Put a radiator guard on it. It is the only bike I don't have one on and guess what happened.

899 - RaceTech springs front & Ohlins spring rear - 1199 base shock and flat link - DB Holders subframe - 848evo foot pegs - Lithium battery - OZ Racing wheels - 1299 stock full exhaust - RapidBike Evo
959 - Track project
post #19 of 280 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2014, 5:28 pm
PK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
I think that chain tension contributes more to shifting quality than the clutch fluid. Drivetrain maintenance on this bike is critical...it's a big, torquey V-twin after all.
I agree completely. Correctly tensioned and lubed chain makes a big difference.
post #20 of 280 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2014, 11:24 pm

Well I picked up my 2013 Silver ST on Superbowl weekend. Then it rained for a week and didn't have much time to ride anyway. Finally had a week off and boy did I ride! Started the week with 150 miles on the odometer and ended with 1800. Fun week! Bike is mind blowingly fun! I just wanted to ride everyday, all day. Now decided to ride across country this summer. Maybe that will sate my appetite for this bike. haha

Dealer put on GT aux lights, trunk, and elect gas cap. First thing that I replaced was the wind screen. Rode up to CalSci for a x-large screen. No more buffeting but still loud. Second thing I replaced was the seat. Rode to down to Corbin factory and had a seat made and installed on the spot. I got to follow my seat and watch it being made. Very cool! I got "carbon fiber" leather with "asphalt" sides and silver welts to match my paint. Looks awesome and it's damn comfortable. I can go all day now in comfort. Cost me $450 plus tax and it was worth every penny. Awesome service and a quality product. Love Corbin!

I found a great local Ducati shop and got an oil change at 125 miles and put in zinc break-in oil. Then got the 600 mile service and put in MobilOne. My clutch and brake fluid looks gross brown so I want to get some synthetic in there. Any brand suggestions?

Couldn't ride today cuz of rain and I'm jonesing. But tomorrow there is a 300 mile ride to North Bay I am joining. =) Let's ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode