2013 Pikes Peak? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Multistrada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 1:47 pm   #1 (permalink)

2013 Pikes Peak?

I'm really gearing up to buy a brand new Pikes Peak version. But im wondering if they will continue production in 2013 so I can have one more year to save up. if not how many more will be produced in 2012? (how many are already produced?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2012, 3:42 pm   #2 (permalink)

50 views no answer -.-
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 4:19 pm   #3 (permalink)

Why would they stop producing it in 2013?
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 4:19 pm   #4 (permalink)
Official Sponsor

I think the Ducati will only have the PP version for 2012. I believe that in 2013 you may still be able to get them but they may be left overs.

Authorized Distributor of Rizoma, SC-Projects, Motovation Protection Accessories.

"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent. - Bob Dylan, Brownsville Girl"

See us on Facebook!
Motovation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 4:21 pm   #5 (permalink)

The dealer meetings are usually in September where they find out what the line up for the next year is. Ducati isn't going to tell the public before they tell the delears. While some news might leak out, they're typically asked to not talk about any new model introductions until Ducati announces them. The 2012 Pikes Peak was a rare early introduction, usually it's around November-December for the next year Ducati bike news.
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 5:49 pm   #6 (permalink)

Miner upgrades I have been told for all Multi versions for 2013/14 bikes. Major upgrades/ new design Multies in 2015.
lauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 7:27 pm   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauper View Post
Miner upgrades I have been told for all Multi versions for 2013/14 bikes. Major upgrades/ new design Multies in 2015.
What's your source? I highly doubt there's any major reworking / redesigns by 2015, but I'd be very interested in being wrong, especially if the next gen Multi incorporates some Panigale design, or that motor.
Very curious to see if there's minor upgrades slated for '13 / '14.

To the OP: AFAIK, the current model (2012) PP edition is the "S Sport" version of the multi, the other S is only the Touring package. 2010-2011 had the "S Sport" (which had carbon fiber pieces instead of bags/heated grips/centerstand) and the existing "S Touring" versions, as well as PP in 2011. I'd imagine if they're not going to have a PP in 2013, they'd have to replace it with a sport version?
brianc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 8:37 pm   #8 (permalink)
Official Sponsor

I heard a different rumor. The Pikes Peak will be just a 2012 bike. The 'Sport' version will no longer be offered as we know it . Instead the Sport version will then only come with the Corsa colors or as we know the Pikes Peak today. It will then no longer have the Pikes Peak badge in 2013. Then again I may be totally wrong! LOL!

Authorized Distributor of Rizoma, SC-Projects, Motovation Protection Accessories.

"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent. - Bob Dylan, Brownsville Girl"

See us on Facebook!
Motovation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 1:55 pm   #9 (permalink)

thanks yall, i guess there is only 2012 pp.. so i better start ordering lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement