Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ducati extended warranty

27K views 105 replies 48 participants last post by  Nun 
#1 ·
I got my '11 Multi right at the end of 2010, so the factory warranty expires in late Dec. this year. There's nothing out there for the time being that I'd consider replacing it with, though I admit the new water-cooled BMW GS will be something I'll take an interest in. The thought of owning any of these new bikes without a warranty is a scary one, and it appears I'll have this at least another year, so I'm considering the Ducati extended warranty.

Has anyone bought one, or have an opinion of them? I haven't looked at the details closely, but does it cover everything the original contractual warranty covers? What are you guys paying for them?

#99 ·
FWIW, I've never had any troubles with either the EverRed warranty, or the RPM warranty that Ducati apparently recommended while EverRed was gone. No quibbles about any repairs. They even replaced fork seals on two separate bikes.

Never had any major damage from broken belts though...

YMMV

#100 ·
My 2015 DVT is coming up on its 24 month warranty, so I inquired with the dealer to quote the ever red extended coverage.

1 yr: $1198
2yrs: $1398
3 yrs: $1598

Do those numbers look correct? The bike has REALLY low mileage and has all the maintenance done at the dealership. I could understand around $700 but those prices seem a bit steep.

What say others?

#103 ·
I paid $750 for the RPM 3 yr warranty on my '12, from my local Ducati dealer that I didn't buy the bike from. It covered crapped out heated grips and fork seals on the bike, $50 deductable I think. The work was done at another Duc dealership that I didn't buy the bike from...

#101 ·
I had a '12 PP that the right side main bearing failed, reamed out the stator, piston skirts, jugs, ie: totaled the engine. Western Services paid for a certified rebuilt motor from Imperial Sportbikes to be installed...no questions, no problems. Instead of waiting for the dealership to get the motor and install it, I made a smokin' deal on an in stock '14PP, just as the new DVT came out. Western assured the dealer that they would pay for the whole thing, and they did. I had very little down time. I paid $525. for that service contract which was for 3 additional years. Best $525. I ever spent.
I'm now about to buy another Western Services contract for my current multi which goes out of warranty in about a month, and I'm getting prices between $680. - 725. for an additional 3 years (60 month contract). It pays to shop around and negotiate. I've found most dealers will sell it to you for very little profit if it keeps you from walking out the door...YMMV.

#102 ·
dunno for the rest of europe, but in the Benelux countries you can buy extra warranty on second hand Ducati's after they finished a 35 point check list.

Got myself the most "expensive" option, Multistrada for 2 years, thats 650 euro.
As I recall, it even includes road assistance in the whole of Europe.

Not to bad imo.

#106 ·
120 an hour for labor isn't helping. There are too many motorcycles out there and not enough time. I don't keep a bike passed the warranty period. I get a good trade in value, don't pay all the tax as if i paid MSRP and sell the accessories elsewhere. Some people like to settle into a bike and ride it until it rusts out. I do that with my cars, My bike I like to refresh every 1-2 yrs or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.