Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Extended warranty

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  mollycbr123 
#1 ·
Is the extended warranty available for the 2012 models and if so how much do they cost?

#2 ·
I bought an extended warranty last month on my 2011 Multi 1200S To. In UK, it cost £300 for an extra 12 months (that is, extending the warranty from the original 2 years to 3 years). It will have been a complete waste of money - provided nothing serious goes wrong with the bike! I have done 8,000 miles in the first 12 months, including two European trips and a couple of trackdays. If I do the same for the next two years, I think the £300 is worth it for the peace of mind.

Obviously I don't know how much the extended warranties cost in USA, but I am guessing about $450. The dealer has to get hold of the necessary forms first, and I recommend checking by phone that they have the forms before travelling there to sign up. Incidentally, you must buy the extension within 18 months of the bike being new, or else it will be too late.

#3 ·
Pete thanks for the reply. I stopped at the dealer today and apparently EverRed is not offering the extended warranty as of the end of March this year. I think they were charging around $800us. Someone else may step up to the plate. I assume that no one (at least not many)has used the warranty yet as the mfg warranty is just coming to an end now. Hopefully they provide the coverage they say they do. I'm just getting ready to make my purchase and was very interested in the warranty.

Bill

#4 ·
I recently purchased a 3 year extended warranty for my 2011 1200S. My dealership had one available through a different company (Not EverRed). It covers pretty much everything on the bike except for the internal working of the rear shock. It does cover all the electronics, including the stuff associated with the rear shock and that was the main reason for doing the extended warranty. It was around $820.00 out the door for the 3 years. There was a recent thread on this, you might want to check that out too.

#10 ·
I was told by a very reputable dealer here in Florida that the ever red warranty is void if you put or alter anything on the bike that didn't come that way . Even changing the grips would void it , will not cover a factory Termis exhaust either . That is why I didn't buy one from them , same dealer told me that something should come up to replace it . Just hoping something comes up before the factory one expires .

#11 ·
Don't think thats right but I've been wrong before. If you do get a Termi I would think the dealer would work on it for free honoring their work and a virtual Ducati product. Not too sure on the heated grips though it would seem they would honor the work there as well but not the actual product if it was faulty and not Ducati. I have, absolutely, no plans on changing anything from stock anyways accept the Puig windshield I got. Bike has WAY more power than I'll use regularly to warrant a 3k exhaust. Just not worth it for me. I already love the way the bike sounds without an aftermarket exhaust.

#12 ·
For what it's worth, I asked my dealer whether modifications would void the warranty (although i guess i wasn't specific about the manufacturer warranty vs. the RPMOne extended warranty I got), and they said that as long as the modification didn't cause the issue, it wouldn't be a problem (i.e. adding an exhaust wouldn't void entire warranty). They said that they've never had a problem in the past. Hopefully i wont have to test that theory...

#21 ·
My understanding is that a warranty provider has to assume that the fault is their responsibility- to argue it, they would have to prove that your mods caused the issue. You don't have to prove your innocence, they have to prove your guilt (as it were).

#22 ·
The only way a dealer or warranty provider can refuse to honor a claim on the basis of aftermarket mods is if the mod caused the problem.

For instance, if you put an aftermarket tune on the bike and burn a valve, they can deny replacing the valve if the tune was too lean and caused the problem. They cannot deny, however, if the tune had nothing to do with it--i.e. the lean condition was caused by a bad injector.

The devil is in the details on that of course, as you might have trouble showing the cause was other than what they claim. Moreover, even if you're right, the cost if the argument might exceed the value of winning it.

Regardless, the idea they could deny coverage for that hypothetical burnt valve on the basis of your having changed the grips is nonsense. Absent a direct cause and effect relationship between the covered repair and the modification, they're covering it, or they're in breach.

#25 ·
I'd be interested to hear if there is any extended warranty available in NA... I picked my MTS up April 3rd and the dealer told me there is NO extended warranty available anymore now that EverRed is gone. he said Ducati NA told him to stop selling them in December and remove and destroy all of the flyers, pamphlets, etc. he said it was really weird...

Anyone who has info pls advise

dd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.