Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Multi 1200S + MIVV Mid pipe

132K views 350 replies 90 participants last post by  Hammers78 
#1 ·
I have a mid pipe comming from PJ. It appears you do not hook the O2 sensors back up to the pipe. How does this impact the fueling with no ECU change. Any information or direction to links will help as my search has come up empty.

#2 ·
I would think that you'll get an error if you don't connect the O2 sensors without an ECU update. They're a monitored part of the overall engine system and, if they fail with the stock exhaust, you get an error. Also, with no feedback from the O2 sensors, the ECU would revert to a base map for the fuel injection. I would for sure check this out before I went to the trouble of replacing the mid pipe.

#3 ·
#7 ·
Option

So maybe the pjs midpipe ( cat delete ) and the Ducati carbon can would be a nice option ?

I will probly ceramic coat all pipes black, maybe a race ecu would also be a option, plug the O2 sensors

I dont like the termi TI can...

GB

#8 ·
So maybe the pjs midpipe ( cat delete ) and the Ducati carbon can would be a nice option ?

I will probly ceramic coat all pipes black, maybe a race ecu would also be a option, plug the O2 sensors

I dont like the termi TI can...

GB
You're most likely going to want something with a db killer. MIVV makes some really nice looking cans that will bolt onto the MIVV decat. There is a user on this forum working on a db killer for the stock cans as well.

:eek:

#9 ·
thanx

Hey thanx for the post / upload

That's not loud , perfect

Everything is quiet compared to my D16RR

GB

#10 ·
Hey thanx for the post / upload

That's not loud , perfect

Everything is quiet compared to my D16RR

GB
Well, it is all relative. ;)

#11 ·
I already have the termi slip on so I am going to try it with that on as it is a direct replacement for the stock muffler. May have it on this afternoon but will let you all know the results soon,

#12 ·
Flapper valve servo

What about the flapper valve servo, where is it located down stream past the cat ?

Is it removed and the cables removed also ?

Iam going to contact leo Vince regarding a kat removal mid-pipe

On my Hyper I welded a plug and removed the valve /flapper
Left the servo plugged in so no CEl light

later the race ECU deleted this function

I will get a price on the TI race ECU, Iam doing a deposit on a Pikes peak for June delivery

GB

P.S. Iam a Leo Vince dealer..

#13 ·
What about the flapper valve servo, where is it located down stream past the cat ?

Is it removed and the cables removed also ?

Iam going to contact leo Vince regarding a kat removal mid-pipe

On my Hyper I welded a plug and removed the valve /flapper
Left the servo plugged in so no CEl light

later the race ECU deleted this function

I will get a price on the TI race ECU, Iam doing a deposit on a Pikes peak for June delivery

GB

P.S. Iam a Leo Vince dealer..
The servo cable is capped off with a nut and a spring. Check out the picture on the previous page.

#17 ·
If you use the Ducati carbon can (or any carbon can) and ceramic coat all pipes you may will melt the can.

All the engine exhaust heat is captured inside the pipes by the ceramic coating until it exits via the can, lots of heat:(

#20 ·
Got the system on today. I rode home, 25kms/20 miles, with the db killer out.
Yes, it is pretty loud and you do loose a bit of bottom end.:eek:
I put the db killer back in and went for a shorter ride and that almost bought the bottom end back as it was before the change of the system.
I'm getting a Dyno next week so all should be sorted then.
I'm going for a 400km/300mile ride on Sunday, so it'll be intersting to see how things go on a faster ride.
It is nice not having that extra 6 kg hanging off the under side of the bike.
So far, I'm happy with the result, and my bike finally sounds a bit more like a Ducati.

#21 ·
Thanks for the update Peter. How did the install go? What db killer are you running? Compared to stock, how is the sound with the db killer installed? I am anxious to get mine mounted up. :D

#23 ·
The install couldn't have been easier. I took it to my Ducati mechanic and he had the whole thing done in 45 minutes.;)
It beats getting the shits working off the garage floor.
I didn't know there was more than the db killer that came with the pipe.
I cut the db killer down to within 12mm/1/2" from the end and tried that.
Bloody aweful, it was pretty loud and bit tinny for some weird reason. So I installed another db killer, I have another Mivv muffler, which is the stock length and it sounded great. A bit too quiet when idling, but blip the throttle and the low down rumble returns, fantastic.
I'll weld the cut down db killer back together, then cut 12mm/1/2' from the open end off so I'll get a bit more sound out of it.
You'll love your pipe, don't worry about that, your neighbours mightn't,:mad: but stiff shit!:)

#22 · (Edited)
There has been some question about the MiVV decat being the same for the standard pipe vs. the decat supplied with a MiVV slip-on. The only difference between the two is the "link pipe" supplied with the decat for the standard exhaust. MiVV customer service has confirmed this.

Attachments

#26 ·
so, in summation, will the MIVV mid-pipe fit onto the oem muffler without further modification to it or the ecu? if so, this is the exact modification that i'm after.

thanks in advance :)

#27 ·
?

Akrapovic and the leo Vince will all work also

My first choice is the Akra system,Iam waiting on the leo Vince ti with CF tip before I purchase

GB

Attachments

#40 ·
So as of right now its an either or situation? I buy a cat delete and keep my stock pipes wich means later on I wont be able to get a different exhaust or buy the cat delete that makes it so I need a new exhaust? Is that correct?

#43 ·
PJ -

Taking advantage of your knowledge (and others...), I got a question for my specific application...

if I get the MIVV Catalyst Replacement Pipe [D.027.C3] (from your site), can I match it with the CF Termi slip on and be in business?

The purchase of those two items plus installation get me new sound and looks?

Sorry but I need a brain ECU update as I got lost :confused:

#45 ·
PJ -

if I get the MIVV Catalyst Replacement Pipe [D.027.C3] (from your site), can I match it with the CF Termi slip on and be in business?

The purchase of those two items plus installation get me new sound and looks?
If the Termi Slip-on will mount to the Stock cat pipe, Yes, that sounds correct.

#44 ·
#46 ·
that just might be what the doctor ordered; lose the looks and weight of the cat while being able to use either the stock muffler or Termignoni slip-on (i personally am not a huge fan of the large Ti can). have the ecu reflashed if necessary? and off you go.

#47 ·
I'm following this thread.

I like the Mivv slipon options too.

I'd hate to upset my perfectly running stock set up that I have.

I'd love to improve the sound of my stock OEM tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.