MTS1200 Cruise control from the factory - Page 65 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Multistrada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2013, 6:43 am   #641 (permalink)

Hi everyone,

I have a Ducati Diavel.

I bought a TuneBoy kit with cruise and tune and also bought a nudge buttons.

I installed the nudge buttons, plug it into the O2 sensor of the front cylinder and remove the sensor from the exhaust.

I used the trim program, load the Diavel Termi trim file, check the option to enable the nudge with resume button and save the file.
User the Flash program, load the map file for my Diavel and load the trim file i saved.

Write the ECU ... so far everything is fine.

Now ... i can use the cruise only with the start button ... the nudge buttons does'nt work
Is there a way to see if the buttons are ok or i have to ask TuneBoy to replace the nudge buttons?

Regards,
Patrick
PatDiavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2013, 7:18 am   #642 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDiavel View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a Ducati Diavel.

I bought a TuneBoy kit with cruise and tune and also bought a nudge buttons.

I installed the nudge buttons, plug it into the O2 sensor of the front cylinder and remove the sensor from the exhaust.

I used the trim program, load the Diavel Termi trim file, check the option to enable the nudge with resume button and save the file.
User the Flash program, load the map file for my Diavel and load the trim file i saved.

Write the ECU ... so far everything is fine.

Now ... i can use the cruise only with the start button ... the nudge buttons does'nt work
Is there a way to see if the buttons are ok or i have to ask TuneBoy to replace the nudge buttons?

Regards,
Patrick
you can disconnect the nudge buttons at the O2 sensor connector, and try measuring the resistance between the pins in the O2 plug.

resistance between pins 2 and 3 should be something like 12.4k.
now test the buttons ...
pins 1 and 3 should be open cct if no buttons held.
pins 1 and 3 should be around 10k for nudge up
pins 1 and 3 should be around 12.4k for nudge down

hope that helps...

and Android MultiTool.
MultiTool for Android - from Witto

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 S Touring
about 65,500 km traveled since August 2010...

See issues with my Multi since new :Problems : Info
-----------------------------------------------------------------
wcieslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:02 am   #643 (permalink)

Also, I believe you are to choose your nudge option in the TuneBoyTrim program after you have flashed the ecu, not before as seems to be implied in your post.

The config value is written to the cruise-flashed ecu with the bike ignition on.
Old May 1st, 2013, 7:20 pm   #644 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeschine View Post
Also, I believe you are to choose your nudge option in the TuneBoyTrim program after you have flashed the ecu, not before as seems to be implied in your post.

The config value is written to the cruise-flashed ecu with the bike ignition on.
This is correct. I posted this a few posts back. Complete the flash process first then use the tuneboy trim program to set the nudge buttons, on the fly.

Worked for me!
Steve95628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 8:03 am   #645 (permalink)

Just to be clear-

I installed the "first generation" cruise plus tune, with no nudge button. Now have the nudge button and the upgraded software. So my steps are
1) Physically install the nudge button, connect to rear O2 sensor input
2) Reflash ECU with new version software
3) Go into trim map program and enable nudge buton (and resume function)

Am I right?

2010 Multistrada 1200S Touring- "The White Shadow". Lowered, re-sprung, and Tuneboy-ed!!
2004 Multistrada 1000DS, lowered and Ohlins'd- gone, but you never forget your first...
drdave39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 9:25 am   #646 (permalink)

So I finally had a chance to install cruise only option and test it yesterday. Installation was painless and I like the "sound notification" the bike makes once cruise option is activated.

Initial impressions: this is great! Works like a charm

I do have a question for all of you who installed cruise only option: does your bike "behave" differently after initial installation? Not sure if it's just my imagination, but I did notice that the bike is running a bit "heavy" or "clunky" (almost as if the RPM is way too low as if you were riding in 5-6th gear on the street where speed is 25MPH). I noticed this while riding on the highway between 4-5.5K RPM. I went for a 200 miles ride on Saturday (have not flashed the ECU) and the bike never felt like that on that ride or any other rides before. It's a stock 2011S...
2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 CS2 (SOLD)
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 9:58 am   #647 (permalink)

No difference here...

I installed the "cruise only" option back in early December. The bike ran well before the installation, and it runs well after. The only difference is a lack of pain in my right hand...

--Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
So I finally had a chance to install cruise only option and test it yesterday. Installation was painless and I like the "sound notification" the bike makes once cruise option is activated.

Initial impressions: this is great! Works like a charm

I do have a question for all of you who installed cruise only option: does your bike "behave" differently after initial installation? Not sure if it's just my imagination, but I did notice that the bike is running a bit "heavy" or "clunky" (almost as if the RPM is way too low as if you were riding in 5-6th gear on the street where speed is 25MPH). I noticed this while riding on the highway between 4-5.5K RPM. I went for a 200 miles ride on Saturday (have not flashed the ECU) and the bike never felt like that on that ride or any other rides before. It's a stock 2011S...
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:58 pm   #648 (permalink)

Thanks, Doc!

I'll take her for spin again tomorrow and see if I notice it again. I definitely like this feature!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 1:05 pm   #649 (permalink)

Cerberus: Wayne made it pretty clear that the base "Cruise Only" map has *no changes* other than adding CC. So the fueling and all that behavior will be completely unchanged. Probably, this is a case of "I'm paying attention for the first time"-itis.

Dr Dave: The steps you laid out look correct.
gabeschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 2:36 pm   #650 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeschine View Post
Cerberus: Wayne made it pretty clear that the base "Cruise Only" map has *no changes* other than adding CC. So the fueling and all that behavior will be completely unchanged. Probably, this is a case of "I'm paying attention for the first time"-itis.

Dr Dave: The steps you laid out look correct.
Agreed, but it did feel somewhat weird... probably all in my head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement