What Did You Do On Your Multistrada Today? - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Garage
Rode to work

But last week did 2555km from Melbourne over to Kangaroo Island and back

2010 Multistrada 1200SS White
2009 Suzuki GSX-R750 Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 10:30 pm Thread Starter

Did a 226 mile ride today with a couple of Buddy's and had some jackass in a truck try and run us off the road because we passed him. I've never seen anyone with such road rage toward motorcycles. Other than that is was a fun day, now it's back to work tomorrow
post #13 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:15 pm

What did you......?

Cessna,
I used to live in Florida too. Down there it could have just been some old fart that couldn't see you...but then again it could have just been a red neck. Was he in a pick up truck? We've got lots of those here in Texas and they love to hog the left lane and dare you to pass,then race to get back in front. Just goes to show you there are as* H*les in every state!

Florida,land of the driving dead!

post #14 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw1421 View Post
Cessna,
I used to live in Florida too. Down there it could have just been some old fart that couldn't see you...but then again it could have just been a red neck. Was he in a pick up truck? We've got lots of those here in Texas and they love to hog the left lane and dare you to pass,then race to get back in front. Just goes to show you there are as* H*les in every state!

Florida,land of the driving dead!
Don't worry: exchange right lane for left lane and there's one in every country. We have "right lane sitters with chips on their shoulders" here in Australia as well.

post #15 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2011, 7:23 pm
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaTPA View Post
Oh yeah I went riding with my group for about 150 miles yesterday, going riding again for an even longer ride in about and hour. Have I mentioned I love my new bike
Nice that the MTS was the only one in your pic that ventured "off road"

Doug
11 MS1200S Touring+
05 ST3
98 900SS FE
95 900SS CR
post #16 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2011, 9:01 pm
North Carolina, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaTPA View Post
Did a 226 mile ride today with a couple of Buddy's and had some jackass in a truck try and run us off the road because we passed him. I've never seen anyone with such road rage toward motorcycles. Other than that is was a fun day, now it's back to work tomorrow
I had a local in a pickup try to do that to me in the N. Georgia mountains a couple summers ago. I was passing him on a short stretch up a nice curvy mountain road on a friend's ST2. When I got even with him, he jerked the wheel to the L trying to run me off the road. The pickup came within a couple feet of me. Had he done so, I would have gone off a steep incline and down into some thick woods below. The hell of it was, I looked over and this a-hole had two children in the truck with him, a boy and a girl, that looked to be maybe 5-6 years old. Setting a real good example for his kids... I just gassed it, and gave him the one finger salute over my shoulder. F him and his redneck kids.

It was the first and only time I've ever had trouble like that up there, as most folks are motorcycle friendly around those parts.
post #17 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Bottomdog

Cleaned it quite thoroughly and mounted it. Mid to low 30's out so kinda slick.
post #18 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottomdog View Post
Cleaned it quite thoroughly and mounted it. Mid to low 30's out so kinda slick.
I thought that steed mounting was more common in the southern states

post #19 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Yeah - ouch. I assume you have a Ti Termi and took out the baffle. That thing looks like a carrot grater.

TimOz

2010 MTS1200S Sport Black
Standard exhaust
post #20 of 3617 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Took mine out today to go to my class and run some errands. It started out at 37F, got up to 44F, and I arrived home at about 33F. All said and done, about 50 miles. The highlight was running into another 2010 white 1200S Multi. It was actually the first time I've ever seen a fellow 1200 owner on the road, and when I do, it was 37 degrees out. Who'dathunk it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode