Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Monster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 6:05 am   #1 (permalink)

Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100

I've been looking far and wide for a cross mounted Ohlins steering damper setup for my 1100S, is there any on the market that I haven't seen on my searches to the depths of the internet?

I've contacted Dan Kyle in regards to this as he makes a trick looking setup for the Hypermotard, and I asked if he'd be making one for the current generation of Monsters. He said he'd be more than happy to but he doesn't know anyone with a current gen Monster that he could borrow for a day or so to measure up to make the mount. I'd be happy to offer mine but being in Australia sort of makes that a little impossible

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in a setup like this that is close to Kyle Racing that would volunteer their bike to be measured up? To get an idea of what it might look like, the Hyper setup can be found here: http://www.shop.kyleusa.com/product....categoryId=111
Molky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:19 pm   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molky View Post
I've been looking far and wide for a cross mounted Ohlins steering damper setup for my 1100S, is there any on the market that I haven't seen on my searches to the depths of the internet?

I've contacted Dan Kyle in regards to this as he makes a trick looking setup for the Hypermotard, and I asked if he'd be making one for the current generation of Monsters. He said he'd be more than happy to but he doesn't know anyone with a current gen Monster that he could borrow for a day or so to measure up to make the mount. I'd be happy to offer mine but being in Australia sort of makes that a little impossible

Is there anyone out there that would be interested in a setup like this that is close to Kyle Racing that would volunteer their bike to be measured up? To get an idea of what it might look like, the Hyper setup can be found here: http://www.shop.kyleusa.com/product....categoryId=111
There are a few that mount on top of the bike I think. It has been discussed on other boards. Some people have bought the damper and custom made them using standard clamps. I this there is a DP one and I think bitubo might make one for the 1100.
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 10:31 pm   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWorkSon View Post
There are a few that mount on top of the bike I think. It has been discussed on other boards. Some people have bought the damper and custom made them using standard clamps. I this there is a DP one and I think bitubo might make one for the 1100.
There's the DP and Bitubo one but I was hoping to get an Ohlins one seeing the bike already has Ohlins forks and shock
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 9:24 pm   #4 (permalink)

Surely there must be someone out there who wants a sweet Ohlins Steering Damper that is willing to volunteer their bike for a day?
Attached Thumbnails
Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100-black-20parts-20003-20large-20web-20view.jpg   Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100-black-20parts-20005-20large-20web-20view.jpg   Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100-black-20parts-20006-20large-20web-20view.jpg   Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100-black-20parts-20007-20large-20web-20view.jpg   Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100-kyle-20ohlins-20damper-20kit-20004-20large-20web-20view.jpg  

Cross Mounted Ohlins Steering Damper for 696/796/1100-kyle-20ohlins-20damper-20kit-20006-20large-20web-20view.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement