Monster 1200s Owners feedback - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 2014, 7:57 pm Thread Starter

Monster 1200s Owners feedback

Demo ride last saturday and was impressed . Possible next bike , Kicking this around , would appreciate info/feedback from owners on how they like it !! Thanks

2016 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory/2016 KTM Duke 690 "R" Replica
2014 Vespa Super Sport 300 /+ 1 SUPER-COOL GARAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2014, 9:54 am

Well I can only say on my bike. But is a good mix of performance and comfort. Thay pack good low end punch but lack a little high speed speed. But all in all good mix. Vary easy going ride and well worth it. If your looking I am selling mine because I need to help my family. I will cut you a deal on it but the title is with vw Ducati finance . not looking to make money just to take prusher off me to help family.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2014, 11:20 am

Garage
It's a beautiful motorcycle with a great engine. Not as rough as older Monsters, but very versatile and powerful on the street. The only niggling bits are a weak rear brake and frustrating signal light switch.

Here's my writeup after a month of riding it: A Ducati Monster 1200S review by a Monster 1100 Evo fan | Empty Vessel

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2014, 7:05 pm Thread Starter

Thanks superflask, was a great review . I ordered the 1200s in red , dealer did not have one at this time and only had the white , I agree with you that the white would be so much better with the red frame . Didn't really care for the
bronze frame it had

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2014, 8:05 pm
mtb

I have not owned a very wide range of bikes, but I must say that this is my favorite so far.

The torque is addictive, especially coming from an inline 4 that was all top-end.

The suspension actually feels better sorted than the sportbike I came from (which had Showa BPF front end and fully adjustable Showa suspension in the rear).

The sound with the Termis is awesome, even compared to the other L-twins I've owned.

I can't compare to older Monsters as this is the first I've owned, but I'm partial to water-cooled engines, so I would likely not have considered the older Monsters either except maybe the S4R.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2014, 10:31 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike-italia View Post
Thanks superflask, was a great review . I ordered the 1200s in red , dealer did not have one at this time and only had the white , I agree with you that the white would be so much better with the red frame . Didn't really care for the
bronze frame it had
Yep, I still don't get the bronze frame with the white tank. Makes the Monster look so...tame.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2014, 3:38 pm

I'm loving mine. It's a fantastic street bike. Getting the first service done now. I'm looking forward to doing some track days and also waiting for adjustable rearsets.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2014, 5:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bronco View Post
I'm loving mine. It's a fantastic street bike. Getting the first service done now. I'm looking forward to doing some track days and also waiting for adjustable rearsets.
Thanks 1Bronco !!! I think I've read every article on it and watched every youtube video
How is the instrument panel in your opinion ?? hard to see in sunshine .?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2014, 5:28 pm

I have the white version and am overjoyed with it - mine has a grey frame though and I think it looks amazing! It does have gold coloured forks, is that what you mean? I wouldn't have gone for white with a red frame, but everyone has their own taste!

The bike itself is phenomenal. Back in the day the CBR600 used to be called the best all rounder money could buy - but honestly, in the modern age I think it's the 1200s. It just does everything so effortlessly.

Negatives would be:

The pegs (for some people, not me but I can see why they do really bug some folks)

The indicator switch (seriously annoying and something they should fix with a patch)

Instrument panel is...not great tbh, but not as bad as some make out either. Frankly I find it better than the EVO, which was so low it was useless - at least the 1200s can be seen sometimes without looking at your balls!

ECU issues I've had where the bike goes into limp mode for no reason at inopportune moments.

I had a Monster 600 Dark and a Monster 1100 EVO (plus a V-Raptor for another naked in the mix), there is no comparison. Enjoy it, it's a great bike!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2014, 5:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike-italia View Post
bronze frame it had
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflask View Post
Yep, I still don't get the bronze frame with the white tank. Makes the Monster look so...tame.
There you go boys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode