Ducati Performance ECU - 695 Monster - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Monster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 12:20 pm   #1 (permalink)

Ducati Performance ECU - 695 Monster

Has anyone been able to find a good deal on a Ducati Performance ECU for a 695 Monster? I have heard of people paying up to $1,300 for the new ECU alone.

I installed a new set of aftermarket high mount exhaust pipes (Fresco from Motowheels) on my wife's Monster 695 and the bike is running way lean. I understand Technoresearch, Dobeck Performance and Dynojet have yet to come out with a FI control unit that can override the closed loop FI system on the new Ducati's and the only current fix is the DP ECU.

If you have gotten a reasonable deal from a Ducati dealer, would you mind sharing your source? I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks....
kellyhewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2007, 12:49 pm   #2 (permalink)

I have a set of MIVV high pipes on my 695 and mine runs way to lean with the db killers pulled out. I'm waiting on power commander, they said they would have something latter this year. That ECU is way to high and you can't adjust it. There are plenty of complaint that the new ECU make it run to rich.
MIVV high pipes
Lync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 2:04 pm   #3 (permalink)

I spoke with the guys at Dynojet/Power Commander last week and they told me they'd never even had a 695 in the shop for development. I've heard that story over and over, that Dynojet is working on a solution but...here it is from the horse's mouth: never even had one in the shop!

The 695 has been on the market for almost a year and no one, TechnoResearch, Dobeck Performance or Dynojet, has any clue on how to override the stock ECU in the O2 sensored bikes. In my estimation, Dynojet is no where near development of a PCIII that will overcome the closed loop FI on the new Ducatis.

As for the DP ECU, I've heard the just opposite: that the DP ECU makes this bike rock! There's a guy on the Monster list that is running a DP ECU on his 695, stock pipes and stock air filter and he praises the DP ECU for how good it makes his bike run.

For what it's worth, I just went down to the dealership and purchased a new DP ECU for the bike. They're backordered for a month but I'm on the list now. I'm not screwing around with this thing any more...
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 10:00 pm   #4 (permalink)

well now that i've dumped the bike a second time (in the dirt this time, dont ask) there's no way i'm dumping 1200 bucks on a damn computer for it. i might even just sell the Quat-D high pipes and keep it stock since i keep wrecking the damn thing.

but I'm following this issue closely. If a powercommander comes out soon i may buy one and put the pipes back on. if not, by by pipes. i'm not spending 1200 bucks to get a set of $800 pipes to work.
SickSix95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 12:56 pm   #5 (permalink)

By what I've read in this forum and others is once you change to the DPECU the only way the bike will run right is with open pipes ( no dbkiller ) and an open air box and that's that. Anything different and the bike will not run right and you can't adjust it. Myself I don't want to listen to the air box or the loud pipes all of the time. I ride late at night from time to time so I try not to make to much noise.
I talked to my dealer and a friend who is a certifide mechanic. They both told that the stock ECU can be readjusted, but from the Ducati the laptop and software that is needed cost more then the bike so most dealers don't have it. It would be nice to find one that does.
MIVV high pipes
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 2:17 pm   #6 (permalink)

Lync,

You're dead right about the open airbox and open pipes - they're a must for the DP ECU. I have both but no so many neighbors up here in the high mountains of Colorado...though I have spooked more than one elk and plenty of deer.
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 12:31 am   #7 (permalink)

Yes it rocks

I installed the ecu with pipes on my wifes bike and it changed the throttle response, gave it more power and it sounds insane!!!
highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 10:00 pm   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander
I installed the ecu with pipes on my wifes bike and it changed the throttle response, gave it more power and it sounds insane!!!
Do you have the air box and the pipes open (no db killers).
MIVV high pipes
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:58 am   #9 (permalink)

Yes

It comes with open air box, The baffles are out. You can put them in when needed. I also removed her air cannister and put on a Euro side cover. it really cleans up the bike.
highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2007, 3:07 pm   #10 (permalink)

Saturday I had Boulder Motorsports install the DP ECU with DP open airbox kit, to compliment the Fresco high pipes previously installed and causing the severe lean condition.

After a TPS reset and a quick run on the dyno, the little 695 finally runs the way it was meant to, absolutely perfect! No more waiting to get this bike to run right - she flies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement