Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Aarow header pipe - horizontal cylinder

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  RottenRandy 
#1 ·
Well, it happened, it was inevitable.

We're all suited up, ready for a ride this past Sunday. Chains lubed, tire pressures checked, oil checked, radiator checked, all good to go.

Have about an 8 hour ride planned out along the Red River here in Texas.

The two cars in the drive way were parked too close together, so my husband decides to just go across the lawn. For some reason, known only to him, he decided to jump the curb...must be all those years of riding trials, it's just a natural tendency for him...lol

SMACK!

Welp, better put the bikes back up, we're not going anywhere....:(

So, I'm in search of the lower header pipe, the pipe that connects the horizontal cylinder to the cross-over pipe for a full Aarow kit for the S4R.

Aarow apparently won't sell just that one pipe. They want you to pay the $500 or so for the cross-over and header pipes.

So, if anyone has one laying around from a wrecked bike, or whatnot, hit me up!

See less See more
#2 ·
Perhaps these pipes might interest you. The full Arrow system minus the cans. They've been ceramic coated. There is some blasting on part of the lower pipe from the road but other than that they are in very good shape. I'll sell them for $275- shipped to your door (depending on where you live lol)

Attachments

#3 ·
VERY interested.

sending him the link to see if he's as interested as I am...:D

#5 ·
actually, I just sent you an email via the board with his information.

did you notice a difference with the pipes coated at all? bike run any cooler? any cooler on you? any more performance in enabling the gasses to escape better?

#6 ·
They do run a bit cooler. I didn't notice any performance gains though. I pretty much had them coated for the aesthetics. Here's my new bike with the same color coating. The coating does dull over time from the heat of the exhaust so the S4R pipes are not as shiny as the pipes in this pic:

Attachments

#7 ·
wait, is this for a S4Rs? or an S4R?

oh - I think I see now.

you just kept the cans and just purchased a new set of headers.

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.