Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Another question for the gurus

602 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bryanc123 
#1 ·
I'm having some issues lately with the bike stalling low in the rpm. If you give the bike a sudden amount of throttle off idle it seems to get overwhelmed and flood out and die. Seems to have the most tendency to do this when the bike is below 150 on the temp, but has done it when it's warmer as well. I haven't done anything to the bike lately that could cause this sudden issue. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Sounds like it's time for a tune up. A check of the valve clearances and a throttle body sync should take care of your woes. Of course it goes without saying that the tune-up will include fuel and air filters, maybe new sparks plugs and the assorted libations and incantations.

#3 ·
You might also want to check what temp sensors are in there. The original ones caused an overly long enrichment period on cold start ups. The replacement NAPA or Bosch ones are more accurate to the actual coolant temp and leans out the mix sooner. They reported higher temps in my winter commutes and livened up the throttle.

That said, you seem to be having a lot of issues that point to ECU oddities. It may be worth concentrating on getting that new ECU mapped and working. I have a suspicion that this stuff may get better with it.

But then, what Mike said is a good idea.

Have a good one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.