Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Do my ST4s DP cans have DB killers in them?

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  mznyc 
#1 ·
Don't see any rivets to remove a baffle but there does seem to be a honeycomb insert in there.DB killers or not?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I've seen those DB killers before Yorik,but since yours are SIL's ,I was wondering if someone had the DP cans and could confirm what they look like,as Ive never seen the DP db killers in a pic or in person and they had several different versions of DP cans over the years.

#8 ·
There's no screws,holes, or bolts in the tips of mine.Maybe the 4S is different?

#10 ·
OK looks like I got my answer,from a local dealer,....

"Michael,

I got word from my rep who was a great help.

For the ST4/ST4S There were open racing silencers and Type Approved homologated. No baffles were installed in the Racing Silencers and no baffles are listed as spare components for the type approved homologated units. You might find used stock take offs available online that will quite the bike down if need be.
"

#11 ·
Found these from another Duc forum. DB-EATER - AUSPUFF - ST2 - ST3 - ST4 - MTS - ST - DIAVEL - SC
A Monster owner wanted a little bit of a growl,but found the DB killers were near stock quiet and without killers race can too loud.He cut them down and found it to be a nice balance.These were reported to give the same level and cheaper than buying DB killers from Termi.I'll just have to drill a hole in the tip to attach to new ring db killer.
Termignoni dB Killer Mods (M1100)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.