Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Need help with Ventura Luggage System

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  PACABADA 
#1 ·
I purchased a complete luggage system but the brackets/racks are for a GT instead of a ST. I was hoping to re-fabricate the mounts on the L brackets for my 03 ST4s. If any of you have this system could you send me some measurements of the type and mounting points on the L bracket? Or if they are off your bike, trace an outline also of the bracket standing upright and also on it's side?

Appreciate any help you may give me.

Thanks,

#2 ·
i just bought a set for my 2004, but not sure if they are the same. They are mounted now and I really don't like taking them off. Perhaps I can do a measurement if no one else steps up to the plate for you. Let me know what kind of measurements you need.

#4 ·
Mad Dog,

Nope, same PN. And please don't remove them, sure it's a pain.

Distance from bend to flat bracket, flat bracket width and then distance from flat bracket to collar mount. Also the length of the collar mount from the L bracket. And anything else you see that can be measured in your opinion.
A copy of the mounting instructions locations would be helpful also.

I have this system on my ZX-11 and it works great and thought if these L brackets were similar it would be not too much work. Otherwise I'll just purchase some. We'll see.

Thanks,

#7 ·
the tubes to mount the luggage rack are 21 mm outside diameter. I imagine you are asking about the width between the two tubes though. The rest of the measurements will have to wait for the weekend. Let me know what kind of photos you get. I can scan a copy of the mounting instructions as well.

#12 ·
Craig's pics are much better than mine, mine are on the bike. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.