Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What Is The Outer Diameter Of An ST2 Link Pipe?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Duc4S 
#1 ·
After months of waiting, I finally received my Sil Motor carbon fiber exhausts this week. They are beautiful, but unfortunately, the inner diameter of the pipe end of the muffler is 41 millimeters and the ID of my ST2 stock muffler is 45 millimeters. The Sil mufflers don't fit on the link pipe.

I emailed Carlo Carpi and he responded with this:

"I called Sil Motor and they got the answer: ST2 has 41 mm diameter link pipe, and what you received it is the right one. You will probably have a ST4 exhaust which is 45 mm."

Is this correct? I am unaware of any changes to the exhaust system on my ST2, and it still has the original cans. What is the real OD of an ST2 link pipe?

#4 ·
I am baffled. It indeed appears that a stock ST2 has a 41 mm link pipe. I dont know how mine came to have a 45 mm link pipe. I've looked carefully at the entire exhaust system, and I don't see where it has ever been altered or otherwise changed.

As I understand it, an ST4 has a 45 mm link pipe but also has dual ports at the engine block, which, of course, mine does not have. Hopefully, my muffler guy can either expand the pipe or weld a new 45 mm end after removing a piece of equal length.

#5 ·
Jeff at the muffler shop was able to expand the pipe end of the Sil Motor CF exhausts from 41mm to 45mm, and I installed them this afternoon. They sound great, with a deep rumble without being excessively loud. The finish is beautiful, and they fit the bike perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.