new Duc in the pond - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 5:03 pm Thread Starter
Confirmed Addict

new Duc in the pond

I have been a member of this forum since 2007 (as a poseur without a mount), then got the first bike in early 2009 (a Hypermotard S), but it took me a while to find my second Ducati. I tried to go the BMW route, with a K1200RS (capable, but boring), then tried to see if I was a dual sport guy (not enough trails nearby for the trusty Husky Terra 650), and even went for looks over function (MV Agusta). But.....eventually.....I went back to the bike that impressed me most visually when I was a young man. It was so different from the other bikes of the era. It looked like a supercar with the full fairings and that huge rectangular headlight.

I am now an owner of a 1991 907i.e. Paso. I got it from a person who did.... essentially..... a nut and bolt restoration. There are some non-stock parts on it (rear sets from Sato, black powder-coated wheels, levers, grips, etc), but the bike is in great shape, and it looks, runs and sounds like it was made custom for me.

I could not be more pleased or fortunate. This morning my daughter forgot something for school and called me begging to fetch it for her. This would normally be a life teaching "responsibility" moment, so I said "not likely, dear", at first. But it just happened that my 9am meeting got cancelled. This gave me an opportunity to truly test my new acquisition and also be superdad! I took some windy roads to get there and had one of the nicest morning rides ever. Daughter got her delivery.
What a machine! The sound, the look, and I finally own something different (always my MO with cars). I am looking forward to early morning breakast at Alice's (before the squids wake up from their hangovers), rides to work, or even showing the bike at the Quail Motorcycle Show.

Ride safe and here is a pic from the garage at work (the gloves are left thrown on the seat as a challenge for anyone to find a better looking bike!).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cool_pasohere2.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	559777  

2008 Hyper S
2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s
1991 Ducati 907i.e.
+afflicted with "Mad Car Disease", too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 5:10 pm
It's evil. Don't touch it.

Garage
Wow. That thing looks practically brand new aside from the modifications. Does it still have the 16" wheels?

2005 ST3
2003 749s
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Garage
Very nice Paso. Congratulations.

Marc

2014 Ducati MTSGT, 1994 900SS/CR, 74 Eldorado Police, 64 R50/2, 14 Ural, 14 Hyperstrada

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 5:21 pm Thread Starter
Confirmed Addict

Thanks.
The 907 got the 17 inch wheels from the factory.
Motorcycle Specs
No issues with handling, very easy to flick into a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorik View Post
Wow. That thing looks practically brand new aside from the modifications. Does it still have the 16" wheels?

2008 Hyper S
1991 Ducati 907i.e.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 5:31 pm
It's evil. Don't touch it.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12gte View Post
The 907 got the 17 inch wheels from the factory.
That's a big plus. I remember some Pasos had 16" wheels and don't remember which.

2005 ST3
2003 749s
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 5:46 pm Thread Starter
Confirmed Addict

That is right. The 906 was thus afflicted. The 907 was the first one to correct this flaw with the 17 inch front wheel. It is a similar story with cars. Pontiac did not get the Fiero right until the last year, where it had the refined V6, nice fastback styling, and....it no longer caught fire (at least not as often). But by then...it was too late.
I am still pouring over the records, but this bike was well looked after. I got a lot of spare parts, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorik View Post
That's a big plus. I remember some Pasos had 16" wheels and don't remember which.

2008 Hyper S
1991 Ducati 907i.e.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2015, 6:56 am
Never Grow Up

Garage
It is beautiful. Congratulations!

VagabondSD
'01 ST2

A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2015, 8:49 pm
Prolific Poster Award

back when I had mine, also a 91
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2015, 1:52 am

Garage
I also just picked up a nice black 1992 907IE to add to the garage. I wanted one for years and last week at the Sunday gathering two guys were selling theirs so jumped on the black one.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2015, 5:48 am

Nice Duc! Congrats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode