PASO not ugly ! - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2014, 12:46 am

dated pretty fast, applied to the CBR 600/1000 too

Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2014, 4:33 am

Garage
I remember them as the first bike to have a fully enclosed fairing
I like them but have been warned off them by my Mechanic as difficult to service and get "right" plus expensive to get going if something goes wrong.
From memory some of the first bikes with fuel injection (apart from bimoto)

They where there at the rebirth of the marque as ducati where a bees dick away from going under before that.

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Paso's are easy to service, no mystery there. simple 2 valve tech.
That does not mean they do not have things to watch for.
sidestand mounts that break off the frame or tires that are not available on the 750 and 906.

I would not shy away from a paso if interested.
In fact a couple years ago a customer brought in a 907 we had put a 944 kit in years back. I was expecting it to feel old at this point..well because it is. but NO the 907 would be just as good to me as many new bikes out there right now.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2014, 9:06 pm

tyres are easy to get. shinko make them, originally branded golden tire. i've ridden a 750 sport with them, felt unusually normal.

i wheelied a 906 into a council works caravan years go, absolutely destroyed it. best thing you can do with a 906 imo.

Brad The Bike Boy
www.bikeboy.org
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 12:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradblack View Post
tyres are easy to get. shinko make them, originally branded golden tire. i've ridden a 750 sport with them, felt unusually normal.

i wheelied a 906 into a council works caravan years go, absolutely destroyed it. best thing you can do with a 906 imo.
and the great thing about the 906 is it looks the same upside down

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 6:34 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducvet View Post
First ducati I fell in love with was a 750 paso, even had the loan for it but it did not happen. I was able to put many miles on my friends bike even a trip from Quebec to NH. I would own one.

Funny thing about the paso. Me and my friend would be on a ride he on his paso I on my 851. People would trip over my bike to check out the paso, asking how fast it was etc. I still see images of the paso used as a generic motorcycle image, non motorcyclists seem to like the shape.

Jrwizbang
I am around the corner in moultonboro and do have some paso parts left if you need anything. lol no tires though.
the only thing I haven't been able to find at a reasonable price is the right side mirror.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 9:22 am

Jrwizbang
I highly doubt I have a mirror but I will look, is your broken or just missing?

Brad thanks for the tip on the shinkos I will look to see if my suppliers have them listed. that is good news indeed as Golden tire was only having them done in small batches and were a question for getting them at best.

I am sure the tires are fine, at least better than running a automotive doughnut ...lol There was a 750 sold a year ago around here that the dealer was listing as having good michelin tires...... with a nail in the rear....mounted backwards........ that were close to 20 years old.....lol
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2014, 5:52 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducvet View Post
Jrwizbang
I highly doubt I have a mirror but I will look, is your broken or just missing?

Brad thanks for the tip on the shinkos I will look to see if my suppliers have them listed. that is good news indeed as Golden tire was only having them done in small batches and were a question for getting them at best.

I am sure the tires are fine, at least better than running a automotive doughnut ...lol There was a 750 sold a year ago around here that the dealer was listing as having good michelin tires...... with a nail in the rear....mounted backwards........ that were close to 20 years old.....lol
I put a set of shinkos on mine. haven't ridden them yet. funny you mention the auto donut, that's what mine had on when I brought it home, scary. My side mirror is missing so I got creative with a retrofit of some aftermarket mirrors .
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2014, 11:14 am

Ex- bro inlaw had a late 80's 750, I remember thinking how sleek it was and was shocked when he said it's not that fast a bike... Ruined the image in my head of them but still think they were ahead of their time style wise.

'77 RD-400
'03 FLSTF
'06 Sport 1000 Yellow
'04 XL1200R
'07 999s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode