http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Motorcycle Forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Paso

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 7:09 pm   #1 (permalink)

88 750 paso dual mikunis

I recently purchased dual mikunis from a race shop that specializes in ducati rebuilds, installed carbs and bike runs/idles fine but breaks up bad after 4k rpm, shop says they may be overjetted as carbs were used only for bench testing race engines. carbs look brand new. and were spotless inside. my bike is stock except for yoshi slip ons. Stock weber basically ran bad all the time but did not break up that bad at high rpm. Any suggestions? carb does not seem to have adjustments other than choke and idle/throttlethere are rubber boots on top of carbs which may hold mix screws, but impossible to reach with tank on.

Thank you for any help.

Eric.
bluepaso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 17th, 2007, 7:42 pm   #2 (permalink)

You should be able to drop the float bowls, and remove the main jets. They're the larges, lowest ones in the float bowl. And there are sizes stamped into ea. jet. Not sure what size you'll acually end up with, but if you find something like a 160 or 180 in there, it's most likely too big.

Try asking the same ??? in the vintage section. And I think there are other forums that are Paso-centric.

Try this home-cure-all: Shove a DUC between your legs.

Present DUC: 2003 ST4S Yellow! 2001 ST2 Blue
Past DUCs: 1998 ST2, 1981 500SL Pantah, 1985 MHR Mille, 1987 Paso Limited, 1995 916 mono
Other brands (past):
1978 BMW R100RS Motosport, 1978 R100S, 1981 Moto Guzzi V50 Monza, and a long list of Hondasakizukis
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 7:31 am   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick
You should be able to drop the float bowls, and remove the main jets. They're the larges, lowest ones in the float bowl. And there are sizes stamped into ea. jet. Not sure what size you'll acually end up with, but if you find something like a 160 or 180 in there, it's most likely too big.
I can't help you, as I've got Dellortos on my Paso, and the jets should be as easy to change out as Stick mentioned. You may also want to post about this on the www.ducatipaso.org forum. There are a couple of guys that have Mikunis on thier bikes.

Places I've Been on Two-Wheels:

IBA #32735
"Chrome is to Harley-Davidson as carbon fiber is to ____________"
Desmo_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.