The Big Loop 2017 - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 10:55 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzzo View Post
All these offers of rides & accommodation are making me jelly.
Got me thinking of getting over there, grabbing a bike and joining you.

just around the corner to get there, huh..?
I did that going to Europe last year (rented a GS)... was so much fun I'd like to do it every year. Would cost a fair amount to put that many miles on a rental tho. (1500 miles cost me a around $800 USD)

I'm flying solo for most of the trip (~9k of the 14k miles)... meeting up with forum members would be pretty awesome. I don't get lonely riding by myself but occasional company (and maybe someone who knows local fun roads) I'd always be up for. I was planning to put up my route as it firms up specifically for that reason.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 12:16 pm
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
This is what I'm thinking about for the Sacramento area

(there's a loop out to Mariposa in the route because google maps doesn't let you ignore road closures and there's a winter road closure on the route)

but that's really based on just a quick review of interesting looking roads in the area (subject to/almost guaranteed to change).

That day will be May 31 or maybe June 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Fresh front pads today, and received my Aerostitch compact compressor and Airhawk seat pad. Also received my 3DR Solo quadcoptor, have to figure out if I'm going to be able to bring it (it's big).
A couple of things here...that route will keep you away from the Sacramento area and I won't be home those dates. The other thing is the 3DR Solo drone. I bought one in September and have had a lot of problems with it. I've returned the gimbal twice and the whole system twice, all due to connectivity issues: not being able to view the image to my phone/ipad and the controller failing completely. 3DR has been very good about replacing these things but they take a good couple of weeks to process. Be sure to fly it to learn how it functions, which is actually very good, and that it works correctly. As it turns out, FedEx just dropped off my replacement system this morning.

1996 900 SS/SP #C25
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 2:05 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpato View Post
A couple of things here...that route will keep you away from the Sacramento area and I won't be home those dates. The other thing is the 3DR Solo drone. I bought one in September and have had a lot of problems with it. I've returned the gimbal twice and the whole system twice, all due to connectivity issues: not being able to view the image to my phone/ipad and the controller failing completely. 3DR has been very good about replacing these things but they take a good couple of weeks to process. Be sure to fly it to learn how it functions, which is actually very good, and that it works correctly. As it turns out, FedEx just dropped off my replacement system this morning.
Yea I think 3dr lost their ass on the unit... seems like their QC is pretty variable and LOTS of people have had the same sort of issues you did. The unit is arduino based so I figured worst case (when they completely stop support) I could do that sort of debug myself (and most of the components are replaceable).

Knock on wood but mine has been good so far. In fact I just ordered 2 more for a project at work.
redpato likes this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 82 Maxim 550 (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode