Best source for customizing ride routes - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2017, 6:10 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Best source for customizing ride routes

I have been trying to customize ride routes to send/save to my phone and have not been very successful. Google Maps allows me to type in my beginning and ending destinations, and then I'm able to drag the cursor to different points on the map which will modify the route to my liking. When I'm satisfied with my custom route, there is an option to either text/email that route to my phone. After I receive that text/email, I find that it is just the original default directions that Google had initially displayed before any modification to the route. BTW, my phone I'm using is a regular IPhone 6.

Can any help point me in the right direction to an effective app I can use for customizing (and saving!) riding routes? I really prefer to use something free. Any help is appreciated!

(I've tried Rever, but even that is a bit goofy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 12:26 am

Garage
I feel your pain. I too had the same problem. One of the things you can do is add stops to your route, to force the route you want. Put the stops right on your route so it doesn't make you get off the freeway or take some other unnecessary turn. Hope that helps.

Victor
2006 ST3s ABS
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 6:56 am
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
Here are a couple of popular ones.

GPS Visualizer
RouteConverter - Home

I like to use RouteConverter. Go to the downloads section and click on Webstart.

2005 ST3
2003 749s

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 9:54 am

Try Rever: https://rever.co/
You can plan your route on the website, open it on your phone, and follow along on your ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode