DSS (Ducati Skyhook Suspension) Error - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 4:45 am Thread Starter

DSS (Ducati Skyhook Suspension) Error

Hi Guys
Anyone here ever encounter DSS error on Multistrada 2013? Got my Multistrada GT last month and yesterday I got this DSS error on the screen.
Will be taking to service center next Tuesday so will be informative if I know if the bike safe to ride or riding it with error will make it worst.

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2013, 6:15 pm

If you post this over in the multistrada section you will likely get a lot of responses but not much from this section.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2013, 5:45 am Thread Starter

Thanks Valleyrider,
Will do that next time. By the way, the service center told me the sensor is faulty and they have change it and test it today.
Issue fixed.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2013, 3:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpubalan View Post
Hi Guys
Anyone here ever encounter DSS error on Multistrada 2013? Got my Multistrada GT last month and yesterday I got this DSS error on the screen.
Will be taking to service center next Tuesday so will be informative if I know if the bike safe to ride or riding it with error will make it worst.

Regards
Yes I had the same problem today. I took the bike to my shop. They could not figure it out. However I saw a post on a Italian site that said that there was a cut under the sheathing of the sensor ling on the swing arm. I am still waiting for my shop to get back to me.

ian
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Had the same error. Twice.

First one appeared about 6 weeks back. Was putting bike on side stand. Suddenly DSS error apppeared. Able to get round problem by starting bikewhen upright and sitting on it. All seemed ok otherwise. Dealer couldn't understand the problem, but changed the rear swingarm sensor and all seemed ok. That was 2 weeks ago.

Then the dreaded error came up again today. Just switched to Enduro mode over a bumpy carpark. Appeared out of the blue. Could still get rid of it by earlier trick. But the moment there was any fork dive, ie off loading of the swingarm, error will appear again.

Was looking on the net a bit more, and a French site posted a possible reason.

The wire connection to the sensor is loose. Not the exterior insulation, but the actual copper.

The reason is that the cable is tied too tightly on the swing arm and there is no slack to allow for large swingarm movments.

Which makes sense in my case as it happened when the swingarm was jacked high up in Enduro mode.

Will require a replacement. No good as I have a Tour in the Brecon Mountains (Wales) lined up this weekend. But if I could do some field repairs, might be able to salvage.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2013, 8:04 am Thread Starter

The last time they changed the sensor and it was OK for 2 months then it came back. Called the center and they told me that they are waiting for software from Ducati which then will be able to capture the actual problem. Brought in my bike last Monday and Tuesday it happen again and this time I got really frustrated as they told me they may need to strip my bike down and check the wiring.
Basically Ducati has no idea why this is happening and I didnt want my service center to use my bike as RnD for them to try and error to fix the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode