Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

On the fence

423 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Ducati1200s 
#1 ·
Hello all! I'm completely new to the whole Ducati world but being on some bikes I have fallen in love with Ducati bikes. So I have a been mainly riding on a Triumph Speed Triple R and a Harley Davidson Street Glide. Now I'm trying to decide on which Ducati to buy I love the naked sport bike look so like the Monster 1200s however I also love the Multistrada 1200 s and can't decide which one to ultimately get and with the Multistrada 1200 s I was wondering is there any difference between the 1200 s touring, pikes peak or the grand tourismo? So ultimately Monster or Multistrada and then if Multistrada which one? Utterly confused thank you all in advance for your help.

#3 ·
Thank you very much for the welcome to the forum, and yes I want to get onto a Ducati in the next few days. Oh also a little bit more about me I will be using the bike to commute to work and some touring and would love to take it to track days now for the hard park I'm 6'4" tall and about 300lbs so I'm interested in which would work best for me all around.

#5 ·
Yeah I was thinking of the Multistrada I was wondering is there a difference between the 1200 s in either the touring, pikes peak or grandturismo? Or all the same? Just trim levels or how can it be broken down for me to really understand being so new to the Ducati world? I love that it would do the commute and touring stuff but would it also do track days? I know you can set the bike up in the 4 different modes just confused at all of it. As far as the Monster would you put it in the category of like the Triumph Speed Triple R? I believe the Multi would fit my lifestyle the best but I love the speed to and yeah would love to take it to places to put it thru it's paces an all levels.

#6 ·
Both have the same motor in all would you take a Multi on the track and push it to the limits? I maybe a bigger guy but I love all aspects of the track style racing in all too. Could a Multi in sport mode really work on the track laying it down around corners knee scrapping stuff you know lol.

#7 ·
Well I guess if I went the Multi way I know they have a 1200 or a 1200s but within the 1200s they have a touring and a pikes peak and a grandturismo models that's what confuses me getting a 1200s which to ultimately buy is there major if any differences with them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.