Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

I'm done with my harleys and a proud new owner of a hypermotard sp.

459 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  trailerpark 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to ducati. I have sold 2 harleys in the last 6 months due to boredom. I searched for months online to find out what rates as the funest bike around and came up with the hypermotard. Last week I bought a 2014 hypermotard sp, all I can say is wow I have been missing out. Honestly I'm kind of scared of my new bike so I have been spending a lot of time in wet mode. I'm not new to motorcycles I've been riding for over 20 years, I started at 10 on a honda mini trail and worked up to mx when I was around 15,
When I was 20 I started street bikes but they were all cruisers untill now. I just got bored and wanted the thrill I used to get with mx bikes. Most of my riding is done in the sierra mts of northern ca. I can't wait untill it warms up so I can take the hyper up the hill and do some of my favorite rides and get comfortable with the bike. Anyways just saing hi to the new forum.

#4 ·
:D:D:DYup now you can clean yourself up now , Stop cussing people out and stop spitting everywhere being loud and obnoxious . Frightening old and young people alike.

Have fun with the new Bike!
I too found H-Ds to get boring .heavy underpowered in some ways.
But they were great for the highway drone.

You Bought your FIRST DUCATI.
Now start saving for your next one.
A good mind set is to have a collection because you don't get what they are "WORTH" when upgrading.

You can be surprised how "forgiving" the hyper can be and what you can accomplish and how much better of a rider you may become.

TONS AND TONS of info out there and here. About riding skills and how to's with the bike set up.
Lots of friendlies her to hep you out!
Search first and don't be shy about asking someone to steer you in the right direction,
Welcome and ride safe ATGATT

#5 ·
I rode a sportster 1200 for 6 years and sold it for a hyper 1100 in 2012. I scared myself several times coming in too hot to corners and just not having the right mindset. I took a total control class last feb. and had a great riding season, well I went down in August but I was back on the road by October! Anyways, look into a sport riding class, I got a lot from it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.