My SF DP Intake runners come in...Teaser Pictures - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Motorcycle Forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > StreetFighter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 9:09 pm   #1 (permalink)

My SF Intake runners came in...Teaser Pictures

hahahahaha oops! There was a little bit of miscommunication on my part NOT AMS. I'm just going to pretty much edit the whole post...

I picked my Carbon Intake Runners today from AMS. They are not the DP intake runners as I thought they were. I'll find more information on Tuesday.

To my knowledge these are the 1st set of carbon intakes that are available. Several companies have them just not ready to ship. I'm excited as I've been waiting for a set of carbon runners since I got the bike, And I'm really excited with both the build quantity and the shape.

If anyone is looking for some carbon runners you should call them up AMS I know there are a couple SF guys in Dallas who might snag them before they will be able to post them on their website.

Well here are the pictures. It's raining here in Dallas so I'll get some pictures when it gets nice.

Last edited by buell2duc; Mar 7th, 2010 at 6:47 pm. Reason: New Information
buell2duc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2010, 2:05 am   #2 (permalink)
cts

cool but whats the difference with that: /showthread.php?t=81992
'05 DUCATI S2R 800
'01 KYMCO BW 125cc
cts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 6:48 am   #3 (permalink)

Hummm! I smell a rat. They look identical and they both came out at the same time period, could it be that they both come from the same place?
LaRossa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:20 am   #4 (permalink)
cts

yeap...larossa couldnt have said it better..
'05 DUCATI S2R 800
'01 KYMCO BW 125cc
cts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:46 am   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Poster Award

Do they have a Ducati label inside?

flynbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 12:01 pm   #6 (permalink)

those are NOT the DP scoops...they look nothing like the DP scoops that are advertised by Ducati...

http://www.ducati.com/accessories/ca...rtOrder%3Dname

If they sent me those scoops when I ordered what was pictures, I would send them back, even if they looked good, it is just false advertising...

I think Buell2Duc meant that he got the version II carbon air scoops from Shift-Tech.

-White F1098 Streetfighter
Maximmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 1:09 pm   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximmagnum View Post
those are NOT the DP scoops...they look nothing like the DP scoops that are advertised by Ducati...

http://www.ducati.com/accessories/ca...rtOrder%3Dname

I think Buell2Duc meant that he got the version II carbon air scoops from Shift-Tech.
That's not what it sounds like by reading post #1. It specifies DP not Shift-Tech.
LaRossa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 1:48 pm   #8 (permalink)

If it quacks like a duck... Who is AMS? Are they just trying to dupe the customer?

AMS said they were the 1st dealership to get them in. They have a couple extra sets. If anyone is looking for some DP runners you should call them up 1st thing Tuesday morning before they are gone!

\

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRossa View Post
That's not what it sounds like by reading post #1. It specifies DP not Shift-Tech.
jdurward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 3:19 pm   #9 (permalink)

All I know, is that I like the look of the DP scoops...and I don't like the look of version II of Shift-Tech's...and Gee-wiz, those look EXACTLY like the version II carbon scoops that Shift-Tech is selling! I am waiting to see what Shift-Tech's version III looks like, then I may decide to cancel my order for the DP scoop...but like I said, if they sent me a version II scoop, which looks nothing like the DP scoop, and told me it was DP, I would return it and demand a full refund, just on principle alone.

-White F1098 Streetfighter
Maximmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 4:11 pm   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Poster Award

Don't get too hasty guys, Ducati has been a long time making these things - you never know, there may have been changes before the final release.

They do look like the scoops from Shift Tech and not like anything we've seen from Ducati but who knows?

One thing is for sure, if they are a DP item they will have a part number label molded on the inside.
Every carbon piece I've seen from Ducati has a label.

flynbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.