Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

ignition removal

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mr shifter 
#1 ·
Hey All,,

Trying to remove the ignition form my 09 1098 sfs as per the pictures attached I wouldnt have a clue what to do next????

Anyone have any ideas.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have to take the ignition off, your going to have to sacrifice those screws, ...and buy 2 new ones when you do the restoration/ put it all back together.

779.1.591.1A they are about $12usd each. :(

New they have a small allen key head that breaks off as they become tight, that's why the tops look like that. Grasp it with pliers/ vice grip and turn them out.

#5 ·
I was able to remove the ignition bolts using a pair of vise grips. I was actually very concerned about this prior to installing the steering damper and had read up on this for quite a bit. Just for the heck of it, and because I was not worried about reinstalling these bolts, I gave the vise grips a shot and it could not have been easier. The bolts were barely even gouged and easily could have been reused. I have had some loctite show up in places it should not have and it has been missing in others where common sense would say it should have been used so it is possible that this may not be the case on your bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.